Execution

I woke up again at the sound of drums. They continued in a slow rhythm and I looked towards the pack's house. I could only see a small fire from here. The sun was almost down.

I gave in to my concern and stood up, jumping onto the next tree. I continued that until I was already on Liam's land, but I continued until I could see the light. In front of the fire, there was a hunched over body and a man stood tall next to him. Jon and Jaq. I looked around until I spotted a woman and two children crying. Jon's family. What's going on?

Almost the entire pack was around the fire, staring at what was about to go down. The only person I didn't see here, was Liam. Where was he if this was some occasion?

Jaq began to speak. "Jonathan Noble has been sentenced to death, by Alpha Liam Zanders. Reason, betraying his pack and Alpha."

I stared at them in horror and then two things dawned on me. Jon was sentence to death for helping me, Kathryn Noelle Noble. Jon was sentenced to death for helping his sister unknowingly. I couldn't let that happen, not now that I had just found out.

Jaq placed his hands on both sides of Jon's head and horror stuck me. "NO!" I was shocked to hear my own voice, so loud and powerful again. Everyone stopped and turned their heads up, staring at the trees.

Jon looked up at me in shock and I could see tears in his eyes. I bounced down from the tree branches, until I landed on the ground. The pack members created a path for me to walk through to Jaq and Jon.

"You!" Jaq claimed in shock.

"I think it's unfair for him to be executed for helping me, as you put it. It's even more unfair for the sentence giver to not go through the execution himself, none the less miss out on it," I spoke. Of course I was only borrowing time, to try and figure out how I did this. First I need to make sure Jonathan knows who I am to him.

"Call him," I ordered Jaq.

"He's cut from the mind-link," Jaq argued.

"Then go fetch him," I hissed angrily. Jaq stared at me in awe, before bowing his head a little and running off. I went to Jon, despite other male wolves giving me a disapproving look. I stretched out my hand to Jon and he grabbed it, standing up.

"Why are you helping me?" Jon asked silently. "Why did you come back?"

"I was in debt, remember? And I have more reasons," I answered and tilted my head to the side. Here goes nothing. I racked my brain over some familiar names, before opening my mouth again.

"My name is Kathryn Noelle Noble. I'm daughter of the late Ross Noble and Elizabeth Swan-Noble, from the extinct Red Moon pack. Sister of Tom Noble and Jonathan Noble. Aunt of Michael and Belle Noble. Mate of Liam Zanders," I spoke, loudly enough for everyone to hear me. I saw Ivy and Grace from the side-lines, looking at me in respect.

Jonathan stared at me, racking his brain. He reached out his hand and touched my hair before smiling. "I knew you got away. I knew it," Jon smiled. I smiled as well and wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him. "It's good to see you again, Elle," he whispered into my hair and hugged me back tightly.

Jonathan froze, along with everyone else when we heard a vicious growl. I quickly untangled myself from Jonathan, to look at my angry mate, who was making his way over to us. Was he angry with me? Or Jonathan?

He made his way over to us, Jaq following him closely. Ivy stepped forward, maybe to stop Liam, but Grace held her back, shaking her head.

I expected the worse to happen, but when Liam reached me, he pulled me into his chest in a tight hug and the growl died down. I breathed in his scent and placed my hands on both side of his torso softly, rubbing small circles. I felt the pull I had missed so much, not even realizing how much I had really missed him.

He feathered a light kiss on my forehead, sighing. "Are you okay?" he whispered. I didn't have any more words, so I just nodded.

It felt unbelievably good to be in his arms again. It gave me hope that I could actually change his ways and love him. Maybe.

"You can't have him killed, Liam," I whispered into his shoulder and he tensed.

"He-"

"He was only helping his sister," I finished. Liam pulled away and looked down at me, searching my eyes for confirmation of my words.

He pulled me to his chest again and stroked my hair, turning me around slightly and then spoke with that loud tone of authority. "Jonathan Noble's sentence has been dropped. He is free to go."

I peeked over my shoulder to see that beautiful woman with her children run to Jon and they all fell into a hugging bundle. I felt relief wash over me and Liam wrapped me even tighter into his warm chest.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I whispered into his chest and he pressed his lips against my head again, not saying a word. It made me feel nervous. "A-Are you mad?"

"At you? No, Kitten. I could never," he answered calmly and I let out a relieved sigh. "I'm mad at myself. I don't remember what I did, all I know is that it made you leave."

I hugged him tighter and I inhaled his scent from his chest. "I forgive you and we can just put it behind us. It never happened."

"But it did, Kathryn!" he fought.

"And I'm forgetting about it, Liam. You should too," I insisted. I pulled myself from him a bit and looked up into those grey enchanting eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at me in pain. "Will you leave me again?"

"No, Liam," I said and swallowed hard. "I'm gonna stay here, with you now." His tense features softened a bit. He kept one arm around my waist, the other one he lifted to my cheek. His lips carefully touched my own, as if he was afraid of breaking me.

It was meant as a simple peck, but once his lips touched mine, I couldn't hold back anymore and I pulled him closer to me, by wrapping my arms around his neck. Liam's lips were so gentle with mine. He did seem afraid to break me. Well I've got news for him.

I pulled away for a brief second and his eyes snapped open to look at me. His lips were hovering just an inch away from mine. "I'm not made of glass, Liam. Don't be afraid," I whispered. The people around us had fallen out of the circle and disappeared wherever they had to go to. Everyone knew to give us some time.

Liam stroked my cheek, before bringing my lips to his again in a much more passionate kiss. I craved kisses like these. Kisses which made me only want more. Liam pressed me more against him, lifting me up a bit and I wrapped my legs around his waist.