Blood Moon Ball

The next morning, me and the girls, wake up and head downstairs for a large plate of waffles that jason so lovingly made us. Jackie sat on his lap while we ate.
"Is everything ready for tonight?" I asked after swollowing a mouth full of food.
"Yup." Jason replyed.
"Matt's set up? Catering on there way? Did all the guests get their invites??" I asked multiple questions starting to worry.
"Relax Skye. Everything is fine. Matt is at home setting up a play list, the catering is almost done cooking ans are on stand by, and all the guests know where to be and when so calm down, Mom" he said chuckling.
"Jackie punch him for me please." I chuckled as she lightly punches his chest.

After breakfast the four of us take our wolfs for a good run through the woods.
Few hours later we get back. Jason goes and checks on the caterer. Me and the girls go have showers in separate bathrooms then meet in my room to get ready.

After a long shower i come out wrapped in a towel. Pepper is fishtail braiding Jackies hair.
"After can you curl my hair then do something to it" I chuckle walking towards my closet to pull out the red dress I bought yesterday.
"Yea girl." Pepper replied finishing up Jackies hair. She then stands up and grabs her yellow dress out of the closet and heads for the bathroom to put it on.
"Give me a sec then you can use the closet to change" I said closing the door and unzipping the dress bag. After sliping it on and zipping it up I walk out.

"Omg Skye you look amazing" Jackie gasped making her way over to the closet. She goes in to puts her on her blue dress.
Pepper came out of the bathroom in her dress and her hair down. "Half up?" She asked holding her hair in a half ponytail.
"Totally" I agreed nodding my head. As shes doing her hair i start my makeup.

Few minutes later Jackie comes out showing off her dress.
"Damn girl!" Pepper exclaimed. "Jason is gonna be all over you" she said with a wink.
I laugh. "He already is" we all laugh as pepper starts doing my hair.
"You're really good pepper. You ever thought of being a hairdresser?" Jackie asked. We laugh
"I already am hun" she said handing Jackie her card. Jackie smiled. As i finished my makeup, i offered to do Jackie's. She agreed and sat infront of my vanity desk.

After another hour of make up and laughing. We heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"Who is it?" I called. We had locked the door to make sure Jason wasnt gonna ruin the surpise.
"Its Jason. I wanted to see if you guys were hungry or if you're just gonna skip dinner and what for the finger food?" He asked though the closed door.
"Yea I could eat." Jackie said. Me and pepper agreed and told Jason what we wanted from the local fast food joint.

After about 30 minutes jason comes back with a bag of food and 3 drinks. I open the door a crack and grab the bag and the drinks. After thanking him I close the door and lock it again.
I had out the food and the napkins so we don't ruin our dresses. After we eat, I mind link Jason. I ask if the ball has started yet. "No, but its supposed to start in about 20 minutes" he responded.

Me and the girls laugh and talk for another 30 minutes. We checked the time. 8:35pm. We all agreed we left everykne waiting long enough. We head down the stairs towards the back door.

Jackie and pepper walk out first down the porch steps. After a few oo's and aa's pepper says its my turn in mind link. I take a deep breath and grab the cordless mic off the counter.
I open the curtain cover the double doors and walk through to the porch. With one last touch to my father pin, that I put on earlier, I start down the stair.

I saw people gasping and smileing. I think i even saw someone cry. I smiled and held up the mic to my mouth.
"Hello friends and family. Tonight we celebrate the anniversary of the union of our pack. As you all know today many many years ago two beautiful wolfs came together in their pain and professed their love." I said making my way across the garden.
"Those two soon after opened their hearts to fellow wolfs in similar circumstances and over time built up the family and pack we know now. The Blood Moon Pack." I smiled as I stepped up to the 'throne'. "So again I thank you all for being here to celebrate our. Families. HISTORY!" I yelled raising a fist to the sky as everone howled and hollered with excitement.
"Now go on and enjoy yourselves. You deserve it!" I exclaimed. After I sit in the chair and turn the mic off. Jason passed me a glass of wine before heading off to dance with Jackie.

I sat back watching the ball carry on. Everyone laughing and dancing. Ejoying the food and the company. I smiled. 'Nailed it!' I thought to myself.

A little while later a man came up to me. I dont think Ive met him before. Friend of my fathers? "Alpha Skye." Hes voice deep and husky.
"Yes? And you are?" I asked standing up and stretching out my hand palm down.
"I am Bentley. My friends cann me Ben. I was close with your father. I was away in Europe when I heard of his passing. I am truely sorry." He said kissing the back of my hand. I smiled as i could tell he was being sincere.

"Well thank you Ben." He smiled warmly.
"Your father would be so proud. Especially tonight. This is amazing what you have done here. And might I say you look absolutely stunning" he smirked as I blushed.
"You think so?" I smiled back.
"Absolutely. May I have this dance?" He asked. What a gentleman!
"Of course" I smiled following him onto the dance floor with my hand on his. His hand finds it way to my lower back as mine to the back of his neck.

As a slow dance comes on me and Ben dance along with the music. "So what brought you back here? Didnt you like Europe?" I asked inquisitively.
"Oh Europe was fine." He sighes. "I guess I just missed my family." He smiled looking me in the eyes. I blushed. I dont know why I did but I did.

At the end of the song Ben bowed and I headed back to my seat at the 'throne'.
As the night grew on no one else came to talk which I thought was odd but Jason informed me that the officials acknowledged I was Alpha and had nothing else to say. 'Fine by me' I thought.

About an hour later I checked the time. 10:30pm. "Jason" I said in mind link. "Is there anyone you or I have not met yet?" Jason looked my way and shook his head 'no'. Damn. So tonight is not the night I meet my mate I thought. That's ok. Maybe next time. I sighed slouching over with my head on my fist.

"Oh. Whats this?" A familiar voice spoke coming near.
I look up and see Ben walking towards me. The second time tonight. "Well hello Ben. Coming back for the last dance?" I asked chuckling. He smiled. That smile could melt butter.

"Believe it or not, I am." He chuckled. Oh. My. God. That laugh. Like thunder on a stormy night. I felt my face burn hot as I stood up taking his hand.
"So Ben. May I ask how old you are?" I smiled looking up at him as we made our way to the center of the dance floor.
"Im 30. And your...24 right?" He asked as he grabed my ower bagck and pulled me close. Closer then before. My heart raced.
"Um. No, I'm uh, 23" I stammered. Damnit why am I like this. He smiled. He could tell he was getting to me.

I found both my hands behind his neck. I looked up into his eyes. Ive never seen eyes so icy blue. His hair, a dark dusty blonde, slicked back with some gel. A five o'clock shadow on his chin and jaw line.
"So Alpha Skye." He smiled. Leaning closer towards me. "Are your friends going to stare at us all night?" He asked chuckling as I blushed hard realizing now that Pepper and Jackie were watching. Intensly at that. Suddenly I thought of the most wicked thing to pull on them.

"Wanna give them something to really talk about?" I smiled deviously. Ben looked at me for a moment then smiled back know what I was planning.
"I've always wanted to kiss an Alpha" he grin leaning down bringing his lips close to mine. I meet him the rest of the way and we share the most amazing kiss I've ever had.

{Sorry this chapter was longer then normal}