No Time for Honeymoons

So there it is. The new name plate for my desk. Dark oak wood, silver plate, black writing that says "Luna Skye Keith". I'm happy. as happy as I can be. Its been a month since I heard from Alpha John about Alpha Alexander. None of my roving Pack members have seen him ether. there's a war coming. I can feel it. I look up from my desk and see Ben smirking, leaning on the door frame, arms crossed. "yes? can I help you babe?" I smile as he started walking over.
"why you stressing? Alpha John said hed call you if there is news. he hasn't called?" I shook me head looking down at the plan on my desk he sent me 3 days ago. "look, we have a plan and he hasn't called you so calm down cupcake" he said leaning on my desk. I stepped close standing between his legs.
"you sure everything is gonna be ok? I'm really worried about Jackie." I sighed looking down. He finger lifted my head up to met his gaze. "I'm sorry we cant go on a honeymoon. I need too make sure Alpha Alexander will no longer be an issue." he just smiled and stared into my eyes. It was really calming. Just looking at me the way he does. Almost as if to tell me he understands and that I'm save with him. Before I knew it he was kissing me deeply, passionately, longingly. Deeper and deeper the kiss grew. My wolf was going crazy. His hands on my waist, my one hand on his neck, the other in his hair. He trailed to my neck kissing and sucking softly. A small moan left my lips as I could feel him smile against my skin. I drop my head back as his one hand moved to my upper back to hold me up. His other had started to unbutton my top as there was a knock on my office door.
A shaken "Hello?" left my dry throat as Jason opened the door. "Jason, its just you. what's up?" I giggled as he blushed at the scene he walked in on.
"Luna Skye, Alpha John" he smirked as I straighten my self in my chair. Ben stood behind me, one hand on the chair.
"Jason join us?" I asked gesturing to the other chair. he nodded and sat down. Alpha John remained standing. "please have a seat Alpha John."
"I think under the circumstances John is fine" he smiled as he sat down in front of me. "is this the wonderful Ben I heard about? or is it Alpha ben now?" he questioned jokingly.
"Alpha Ben technically but the Luna here still runs this pack" Ben smirked.
"Ah, good man indeed. Most men would go for the thrown. you picked a good one Skye." he winked at me, I then proceeded to tell him how we met and how Ben knew my parents. "my, my, my, match made in heaven eh?" he chuckled.
"I guess so," i laughed. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit John? is it Alpha Alexander?" I said nervously.
"unfortunately yes. my spy has caught wind of an attack. End of the month." I covered my mouth in shock. Thats the anniversary of my parents passing.
"I cant. Ben please, I need a minute." I got up and walked out. once the door closed behind me I ran for my room and unintentionally slammed it.

{BEN'S POV}

"I'm sorry am I missing something?" John asked. he sounded worried he had really stuck something.
"the 31st is the anniversary of her parents death. I wonder if Alexander knew that." I stated as I sat in the Alpha chair. "I want to believe he didn't but I feel like he did. otherwise why such a random date?" I asked looking at John for any kind of hint. He brought his hand up to his chin and thought hard for a moment.
"I want to say know but like you I am unsure. All I can say is we need to be ready for anything. I am truly sorry for this but I need to discuss security plans with Skye. Otherwise i can talk to you about them and you and Jason can relay the message later." I agreed and we set a plan to be ready for the attack.

About 2 hours later John sat back combing his hand threw his hair. "Right, plan is set then. How are we with the numbers?" he asked looking at Jason.
"at most, god willing the pack is still with us on this, about 300" he stated looking at the list of pack members again. "I know its not much but at lest 150 of them are hard fighters"
"right, and what about the "faux celebration"? how are we on that?" he asked looking and at a pack member that was patrolling the the area around the house. After Alexanders surprise visit Skye hired 4 big strong pack members to guard the house.
"from what my wife tells me the ladies are ready, they await instruction." he replyed while on the phone with, I'm assuming. his wife.
"good. then we are ready. Do tell skye the plan and I'll be in touch soon." with that, he got up and beckoned the two men he brought with him and his beta out of the house and into their car.
after they left I found my way up to the bedroom. There balled up under the covers laid and sleeping Skye. I decided to let her sleep as she hasn't been sleeping lately, not well anyway. My poor girl has been so stressed lately. It's been worrying me seeing her like that. I smiled as I turned and went back down stairs. "JASON!" I called. He nodded. "wanna go for a run? End with some food?" I asked as I made my way for the door to get my runners on.
"like wolf run or just a jog?" he replyed.
"both?" I smirked raising and eyebrow. we both laughed and headed out the door.

{skye's POV}

I had a terrible nightmare. In my dream, Alpha Alexander attacked. I fought to keep Jackie with me while Jason fought with Ben and Pepper. Hours of battling and we were out numbered. Alpha John laid dead with hundreds of my pack members. "run!" I yelled at Jackie. She made it about 400 ft before getting tackled to the ground. "NO!!!" I called. As I yelled out to Jackie, I was struck by a bat in the back of my leg. I screamed out in pain as I fell to the ground. Another crack on my leg with the bat and I could feel my leg brake. Then another hit in the side of the ribs. 3 ribs cracked. "why!?" I screamed. clutching my side.
"you tried to keep my beloved fiance from me, my Jacklyn Marie. for this you and your pack will be wiped from the face of this planet." and I saw a smile raise to his lips as he swung the bat down onto my face. All went black.
I woke up screaming, looking around the room for some kind of security. a second later Ben came FLYING into the room and bolted for the bed grabbing me. "babe! you ok? whats wrong? are you hurt?" he kept rambling on about how I am and if I'm ok. i explained my dream to him. "oh baby no. Thats never gonna happen I promise. we have a plan and we are almost ready for the attack." he pulled me out of my blanket and into a deep hug. I love him. "come on. it maybe 9pm but you can still eat." he carried me down stairs in the bridal position and into the kitchen. I sat ther in his arms as he carried me thinking how lucky I am to have someone who understands my needs and my problems and trys to help me through them. after we ate he carried me to bed, spent the night awake and snuggling me to make sure I was ok. I dont know what I'd do without him.

{AUTHORS NOTE}
THE PICTURE AT THE TOP IS SKYE'S OFFICE. THANKS FOR READING ME BOOK.