The Day of Blood and Wine

Ok, finally the day has come. The day we battle for Jackie.
Some of my pack members are questioning wether this is all worth it over some random rogue. Those same members also havnt found their mate yet so I dont judge them too harshly. I can understand why they might think this is fruitless but they have yet to understand the need for protection of a mate. The undying love of a mate that was made specially for you. That your wolf met in a past life and thus causing you to naturally draw towards them. I understand the uncertainty of what is unfolding before them. If only I could get together the words needed to explain just how important this is. How important it is to protect family no matter the cost.

As the day grew on we closed in on the time of the attack. As it drew closer, I grew more nervous that I'm not going to be strong enough for this. What if I'm not ready?  What if I freeze up and it costs me my family? questions like this rattled my brain as I sat in a chair on the patio. "hello beautiful, you ok?" Pepper asked as she walked towards me. Immediately saw a tear silently fall and rushed over. "omg babe, whats wrong!?" she asked panicked. I shook my head as she wiped away the tear. "dont do that. talk to me, Im your best friend since we were pups. what is it? you worried about jackie?" I nodded. "well dont be. shes a grown girl and we have a battle plan. Relax, you girls are all I have, you know that. I promise nothing will happen to ether of you as long as I'm around" she said with a smile. After a tight reassureing hug, I saw Ben walk in with a huge square thin box. Picture? He smiles at the confused look on my face.
"what the heck are you doing ben?" I chuckled to him as he struggled to put it down gently. After a deep breath he smiled and rested his elbow on the box that now stood almost as tall as him.
"this is a little gift for you, I found this in the attic that had a note with it while I was looking for the red christmas lights." he beamed as he dug in his pocket and pulled out an envelope. "here" he passed me the envelope and I smiled as I recoginized my fathers handwriting.
"you're just full of hidden treasures from my parents arnt you?" he smiled, as I opened the envelope I heard Ben say something but I wasnt really listening. Something about trying to make every day seem like they were still here.

    The note read:
"my sweet cupcake.
       If you are reading this, its been one year since...... We love you. Thats what matters. We hope this finds you well and that this helps you feel like we are still with you. in some way.
          forever stay, our little cupcake."

I gently rub the tear from my eye, handed the note and envelope to Pepper and carefully open the box. Inside was a large picture, and a ring box. I open the ring box to see a beautiful black obsidian ring with a red blood moon and the letters B.M.P along it, bloodmoon pack. The picture was hand painted of me sitting in a velvet office chair, with my father standing behind me on my right side and my mother on my left. "I remember this picture being taken but I thought we lost it in that fire about a month after, when I was 17." I studdered out as I'm almost in tears once again.
"you were only 17 in this picture? I could have sworn you were at least 22" pepper giggled trying to recall the day.
"no, you were the one who took the picture pep." I laughed through silent tears.
"oh, oh yeah" she laughed.
"right, ok, Set this picture up over there by the two thrones. so everyone can see it. Then be ready cause the Witchwood pack, Alpha Alexander, will be here soon. we need to be ready for when he arrives," I spoke as I sat down in my throne. "blood and wine shall be spilt tonight."

As the night drones on with words of love and sinserity about my parents I start to wonder if Witchwood pack is even coming. Then it hit me. I bolted out of my chair to a furious standing. "WHERE IS JACKLYNN!?" I growled out very loudly.
"shes in her room, Luna. shall I get her?" spoke a pack member who was standing as a gaurd currently.
"NOW! HURRY!" I growled. as I did I was right on his heels following him up the stairs.
"Skye!? whats wrong?" jason called running up behind.
"its Jackie. I have a bad feeling" we get to her room and its locked. "JACKLYNN MARIE CLAIR! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!" I called in my best authoritive voice. no responce. "JACKIE PLEASE!" nothing. "break it down" after a few minute the pack member busted the door off the hinges. I run in the room and the window is open, blankest tied to the bed and no sign of her. "NO!" I quickly turn to jason. "get 3 pack members and go north, send Mark, Chris, and Darryl west, east, and south with 3 of their own. the rest of the pack spreads out and searches inbetween. NO ONE SLEEPS UNTILL WE FIND HER!" Jason stood there in shock for a moment. I turn to the pack member known as mark. "NOW MARK!" he jumped slightly.
"yes Luna, sorry luna" he ran out of the room barking orders.
"Jason." I spoke softly, he looked up into my eyes with tears starting to form. "its Jackie, I bet she thought if she left she would be helping save us. The only thing she has done is but herself in danger. she needs you right now to be strong and help us find her. Go, grab 3 pack member and go north." I looked in his eyes and he just stared at me but after a minute he nodded and ran out. I walk up to the window and look out. "Jackie what are you doing?" I sighed pulling the blanket rope up and closing the window.

{POV JACKIE}
[1 hour earlier]

as I sit on my bed thinking about whats going to happen, when Jason walked in. "hey, you ok babe?" he asked with a look of worry on his face.
"yeah, just worried. what if I made the wrong choice and im putting everyone in danger? including you? I cant let anything happen to you." I spoke softly so that my voice wouldnt show the tears Im holding back.
"what ever happens we will do this together, ok? Just be strong. I know you can be. Youre my mate, you have to be to put up with me after all"  he smiled showing a litte pride in his joke.
I giggled. "youre right if i can deal with your dumba**, I can deal with anything" I laughed.
"HEY!" he gasped lightly pushing me "I didnt say I was dumb!" he smirked.
"youre right you didnt, I did" I laughed at his pouty face. "awee did I hurt the wittle puppers feelings?" I mocked through laughter.
"There she is," he smiled brushing a hair out of my face. "my beautiful girl." he leaned in a kissed me softly before standing up. "want some food? I can go make you some mr. noodles if you want? you look hungry" he suggested before pulling me to my feet.
"sure sounds good. Ill be right there. Just need to change first." I smiled in reply as he nodded and headed out the door. once I heard him down the stairs I shut my room door and locked it. "Now its my turn to save you. Please forgive me Jason. and you too Skye. please understand what I'm doing is for you. I cant let Alpha Alexander kill you. It would destroy me." I whispered to a picture on my dresser of all of us.

After changing into my yoga pants, plaid button up shirt, and best running shoes I tie my blankets and sheets togther just as I hear Skye in the back yard scream my name. I'm running out of time. I throw the blanket rope out the window and climb down as fast as I can. I get to the ground just as I hear my bedroom door bust open so instead of running right away, I jump into the bush under my window. Cant quite make out whats being said but I know skye. Shes gonna send out a search party. I have to get across the territory boundry and into my olds packs land before its too late. I just hope Alpha Alexander doesn't kill before I can explain why Ive returned.
I hear my bedroom window close. "This is my chance" I whisper to myself. After a few deep breath, I fall into a full sprint. "once I hit the tree line I can shift and be good as gone." I assure myself as I leap over the medium fern bush lining the drive way. i run mast a few trees to be sure no one would see or hear me shift. "Mackenzie, I know you dont want to leave but we must. Head for home or your mate will be killed." I speak fermly to my wolf, after a nod she runs for home. I fall asleep. Its a good 3 hour run and I'm exhausted.