New Years Eve Masquerade

(Part 1)

{About a week later}

Pepper, Jackie and I were in the 'ball room' inside setting up the decorations. Ben and Jason were handling the stage where there would be karaoke, the count down where we have a dico ball on a string for the 'ball drop' and 2 chairs for me and Ben.

"So how do you planing on announceing your engagement?" Jackie asked setting up the extra maskes on the big table.
"Before the ball drops. Like 'coming new year news' kinda thing. You know?" I responded and she nodded.
"Thats pretty cool" she smiled.
"Stage is done. Lets set up the karaoke and the Ball, Ben" Jason sighed.
"BUT FIRST!" Pepper hollered coming back into the room with a platter full of cups of 'spiced' coffee. {Authors note/ by spiced i mean spiked with Rum ;P}
"How about we take a little coffee break?" Pepper asked handing out the drinks.

We all sat down and discussed how my big speech about Ben and I should go. When we were donw our coffees we all went back to wat were were doing.

Ben and Jason: technology and New Years Ball set up.

Jackie and Pepper: tables, chairs, and food.

Mean while I worked on other little things like my speech, karaoke song list and list of drinks that I need to pick up. Wine, champagne, ect. I also made a nice little box for keys and once everyones keys are in the box I lock it and put it away. Safe then sorry.

Few hours later we sit back and relax. Finally we are finished and we spend the rest of the day resting our feet. "Heyy do you have a cocktail dress I can borrow for tomorrow Skye?" Jackie asked. We forgot to go gret dress for her when the stores were open. The liquor store will be open but thats it.

"Yea girl. Thats fine." I smiled. She thanked me and ran off to check my closet. "NOTHING RED!" I hollered as its Alpha policy to wear black and/or red to any and all special occasions.
I giggled as she came back a few minutes later squeeling like a child that she found the perfect little green sequin dress. Pepper said he dress was a deep rich royal purple but instead of sequins it was just really sparkly.

Ben is going to wear a black suit red tie and red under vest. With my fathers pin on his lapel. Im going to wear and red silk dress that goes down to my knees and only one shoulder. Jason is just gonna wear and black button up no tie and black dress pants. Maybe a vest but thats it. Jasons not really one for dressing up.

We watched the movie IT and then called it a night. Pepper went home and the rest of us went upstairs to bed. Pepper said shed be back the next day in the after noon to finish getting ready with us and what not.
As I change out of my clothes and into my shorts at muscle shirt, I heard a rumble come from Bens chest. I turn around to find him right behind me looking down at my petite little body.

"Down boy. Im just not ready yet." I smiled. "Come snuggle me?" I asked lovingly. He groaned but crawled into bed anyway. I chuckled. As he snuggled close and I pressed my into his chest sleep fell over me like a thick warm blanket and before I knew it I was asleep.

The next day I woke to Pepper squeeling like a school girl. Ben wasnt there. I guess he got up to finish the stage set ups with Jason.
"Pepper chill. Whats going on??" I groaned groggy still shaking off my sleep.
"Its Jackie! She said her family called last night. Dont know how they found her but the did and told her they were sorry! They are asking to come to the ball tonight to make up!!" She screamed.

I didnt see this as a good thing. I saw this as a impending attack on my pack. Jackie is an Ex rogue and suddenly her family has a change of heart? I find that pill a little too hard to swallow. They booted her out of the pack cause she wouldnt marry her Alpha. Untill shown other wise I see this as a attempt to kill a ex pack member.

"Great..get Jason for me. Now." I ordered closing the bathroom door.
"Yes Alpha." Pepper mocked jokingly as she ran off down stairs.
I cam out of the bathroom 10 minutes later after a hot shower and heard a knock on the door.
"Hey its Jason you wanted to see me?" He called from the other side of the door.

"Yes come in." I hollerd back from my closest. As I heard the door open I finished pulling on my shirt and pants. "Are you aware of the phone call Jackie received late last night?" I asked walking out of my closet.
"I am. What about it?" Jason responded.
"I fear this is a false apology, that they are useing this to get to Jackie and attack her in some way. Be kidnaping or killing her, I dont trust her 'family' yet. We are her family and as such we have to protect her at any cost. Do you agree?" I spoke flatly as I was still quite irritated about this entire thing. Especially on new years eve.
"Absolutely Alpha. What do you wanna do?" Jason looked a little worried by my words. I sat down next to him on the bed and put my arm around his back.

"Everything will be fine. I promise. No harm will come to your mate as long as im around. And I know for a fact that Ben will stand by us too. Your like a brother to him." I smiled as he looked at me. He smiled back and we plotted a way to protect Jackie yet allow her to see her family.
"Good now that we have a plan get jackie to call her family and have them meet us on the boarder of our territory. From there we will decide whether to trust them near our pack or not." I said over my shoulder as we made our way down the stairs.
"Right away." Jason agrees running off the prepare for the meeting.

An hour later Jason met me in my office and told me that we were ready to met the Browns. Jackie was hesitant as well but agreed. Jason had collected 5 of our best fighters to join us. Me, Ben, Jason, Jackie, and pepper lead the way. So here we are. 10 of us on our way to the northeast side of our territory.

We arrived at the agreed apon location and see 3 people. 4 more behind them. From wat Jackie has told us the tall man in front is her old Alpha, two people next to him are her parents, and the 4 people behind them consist of the beta, his mate, and 2 guards.

The tall Alpha had a gray suit on with a black tie and vest. A pin of a dark moon, in the center a black flame.
He had dark hair and yellow eyes. 5 oclock shadow gently touched across his jaw line.

"Well hello little Alpha. You must be the famous Skye Ive heard about. Cute. I am Alpha Alexander. Its such a pleasure to meet the woman who was nice enough to house my fiancee all this time." The tall man infront spoke flatly.

"Im not going to marry you Alexander! Thats why you kicked me out of the pack or do you not remember ABANDONING ME?!" Jackie yelled from behind Jason. I could feel the pain she felt as tears rose to her cheeks.
"I did not authorize you banishment my dove." Alpha Alexander responded taking a step forward. He stopped when he heard Jasons growl. I looked at both jason and forwarded my brow as to tell him to stand down.

If i didnt play these next few words carefully this could end very badly and very ugly. Possible war. Ugh. Not what I need right now. Especially when Alpha John could call on my pack at any point for support.

{Hey guys im sorry this took so long. With my dads health issues and writers block it was a difficult few weeks but here is part 1 of the chapter.
:D enjoy}