The Blood Moon Pack

My alarm goes off blaring a loud horn in my ear. I growl and slam the pillow over my head hoping it goes away. When it doesnt I groan and shut it off as i slowly crawl out of my 4 poster memory foam bed.

       "SKYE!! Get up!! Breakfast will be ready soon then you gotta go to work!!" My mom called from down the stairs.

     "Im coming ma!" I yelled back as I pulled my jeans on. I buttoned up my black short sleeve button down.

        Im a cook at the local dive bar. But its really only something to keep me busy. I graduated from school a few years ago and not really interested in collage as my dad is the Alpha of our pack. Although my mom still tries to push me in going cause thats where she met my dad.

       They are mates and met in their 3rd year of university. Mom wanted to be a doctor and my dad went there to be a lawyer for when he becomes Alpha. 'Lots of legal crap when it comes to being a alpha' my dad always says. Even though he laughs it off everytime i know there is some truth to his words.

        After tieing my shoes and run down the stairs grabbing a slice of toast and running for the door. "I DONT THINK SO!" A male voice called running after me and tackling me to the ground in a playful way.

       "GET OFF JASON!" I scream laughing all the while hes pinning me to the floor. Jason is my best friend and the beta's son.

       Jason howls in laughter as he tickles my sides "im not getting off till you promise to eat more then just some toast! Youre skinny as a post and even Val is getting mad at you for it!" Val is my wolf. Valarie Steele. White wolf the size of a love seat sofa. Im the first pure hite wolf in over a century.

       "OKAY OKAY! I promise now stop it and get off!!" I laugh out tying to push jason off of me.

       "Good girl. Now french toast or pancakes?" He asked helping me up.

        "Come on, jason same as always" I smile as he walks over to the table with a big stake of salted caramel pancakes and maple syrup.

       "Hello babygirl how was your sleep?" My dad asked as he walked in wearing his sharp black and deep red suit with a blood red moon pin on the lapel of his blazer.

       My dad stood tall at 6' feet with jet black hair, clean shaven, with beautiful golden brown eyes. My dad looks amazing for being in his late 40's.

       "Wanna ride or are you just gonna run?" My dad basicly whispered as he was kissing my forehead before sitting down.

   "No I'm alright. Besides I gotta let Val run before work or she's restless the whole shift" I smiled at my dad before stuffing another big bite of pancake into my mouth.

     "You know Skye, I'm really proud of the woman youve become these last few years,"my dad states before trailing off.

     "God dad you sound like your gonna die and these are your last words" I laughed.

      "Oh no, nothing like that." He chuckled "No, just wanted you to know Im proud of you" he smiled.

       "Well i gotta go im gonna be late, love you dad" I spoke kissing his cheek "LOVE YOU MOM" I yelled up the stairs

        "Love you too babygirl" they replied in unison as I closed the door on my way out.

           I step out onto the porch and take a deep breath in, taking in the fresh air. The smell of ferns and pine sap fill my nostrils as i start down the front steps walking towards the woods. "Hurry up I need to stretch my legs!" Val growls at me in my mind. "Yea, yea, yea, chill out" I bark back. I jump down onto all fours as Val takes over shifts into a large white wolf. "Now hurry up and run so we make it to work on time" I tell her as she starts a full sprint jumping over logs and kicking up dirt.

           Its been a while since she had a solid run so I just relax and let her do her thing. We get close to the parking lot. "Alright Val you ran for a solid 20 minutes. Ill let you have a 3 hour run after work" I told her as I stretched out shifting back. She growled but went to sleep to let me go to work in peace.

            About 9 hours later I clock out and start making my way towards the woods when I hear a car horn. "Well look who it is! Hows it going princess?" Called a deep husky voice the drivers side of the ocean blue '67 Camaro.

          "What do you want Zack?" I called walking over to his car. Zack is 6'2" with muddy blonde hair and deep blue eyes.

          "Easy princess, just wanted to ask if you wanted to come have a drink in the beach with me and some if your so called friends. You know the people you dont talk to cause your 'too busy' anymore" he said mocking me as I got into his car.

             "Just drive zack"  I said punching his arm.
            "Oww!"he chuckled. "Arnt girlfriends supposed to kiss their boyfriends? Pretty sure thats abuse!" He laughed as I punched him again.

            "Shut up and kiss me then" I said smiling. He leaned over and we shared a short passionate kiss before he starts the engine and pulls out of the parking lot heading for the beach.

          "Your dad would kill me if he knew we were dating."
            "I know but he cant tell me who I can or cannot date. Im 23 and besides it not like youre my mate." I smirked not realizing I just cut zack deep with that last statement. "Zack im sorry I didnt mean.." he cut me off by tapping my thigh.

          "Its fine babe. I get it. Doesnt mean I wont love you while I can." He stated with a broken smile. I kissed his cheek as we pulled up to the beach.

         "SKYE! Let's go! The waters great!!" Screamed Pepper from the water as me and zack walked down. Her name is actually mary but we call her pepper cause her hair is as red and vivid as bell pepper. She also really likes peppers. Pepper's hair goes down just past her chest and is super curly. For a skinny little bean pole that she is, her wolf is beefy as heck.

         "Yea come on babe lets have some fun." Zack said pulling me by my hand as we started racing down to the shore. About an hour later the sun was almost gone when zack lit up a fire. Just then my phone started going off. It was jason asking when I was gonna be home.

        "Soon Im sure. Im off tomorrow so might be later" I said back watching Zack, Pepper, and the other laughing and roasting marshmellows.
           "Ok well do you want me to come hang?" Jason suggested hoping for a yes.

           "No Im actually gonna sneak away so Val can run before I crash. Im exhausted from work. Ill see you in a bit" I responded through a yawn. I put my phone in my pocket and snuck off. Val shifted and took over. I was so tired I fell asleep and let her run. "WAKE UP!" Val screamed. "Something is very wrong here, I smell blood"