Dark Day for the Pack

"What do you mean you smell blood?" I asked Val shifting back running up the front steps.
"I smell 3 other people thats not part of our pack" Val growled. I threw the doors open and ran into the living room.

"MOM! DAD! Where are you!?" Jason ran up and grabed my hand leading me to the other room. "Jason? Where are my parents!? Why do i smell blood?" Jason remained silent leading me in to my dads office when i saw. Them. My parents. Both laying on the floor blood everywhere. 3 bodys laid in the corner.

"Mom?" I said through tears as i crouched down next to her. "What the hell is going on jason!? Where is your dad! He was supposed to protect my parents!" I got up and started punching jasons chest. He just stood there. Not a word was said. He pulled me into a hug.

"Its gonna be ok. Calm down and ill get someone to clean up your fathers office while we talk about whats happend here." He said pulling out his phone.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? My parents are dead and all you can say is lets clean up this up like its just spilt milk! These are my parents!" I scream crying. I pull out my phone and throw it at him. "Here then! Deal with it!" I ran out of the office and slammed the door on my way to my room. I locked the door and went to bed.

I spent the rest of the night crying and tossing and turning. Jason tried to come and talk to me but i wasnt gonna let it happen. I didnt wanna talk to him. I didnt wanna talk to anyone.

The next day jason came into my room and proceeded to tell me that apparently some rogues came into our territory and that he tried to tell me they were here but didnt want to bother me at work. But by the time i got home they had a full on battle in my father's office and ended up killing each other.

"Im so sorry Skye. I didnt mean to seem so heartless, i just wanted to be strong for you. Youre my best friend and i care about you. Your parents were my family." He said rubbing my back. "As for my dad as soon as the rogues arrived he disappeared and no ones seen him. Something tells me he had something to do with this but i have no proof" he stated in a flat broken voice. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Its ok jason. Thank you for being here for them...and me" i said looking him in his big beautiful eyes.

"Like i said youre my family and i know you dont really wanna hear this right now but the pack needs a alpha. As youre an only child that means you have to address the pack and reassure them that everything is ok" he said hesitantly as to not upset me.

"I get it but i dont wanna think about that right now. Can you just mind link and tell everyone im fine and ill deal with it later." I replied rolling over pulling the blanket over my head. I feel tears welling up again so i bury my face in the pillow.

About 3 days of crying and not eating more then a single bit of food here and there, i hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I call from under a pillow.

"Hey its zack, you know your boyfriend that youve been ignoreing" he stated in a annoyed voice.

"Im sorry that my parents dieing is such an inconvenience for you" i snapped back. "At least now my dad wont fu€king hate you for dating me!" I added throwing a pillow at him.

"Well exuse me princess but youve been ignoring me for months so i just came to tell you were done. Im not doing this crap no more" he spat as he walked out.
Could anything else POSSIBLY go wrong right now!?

In a matter of 1 week both my parents died, my boyfriend dumped me and now im supposed to be alpha which means no more workin at the pub. I felt like dieing. A knock followed by a familiar voice.

"Skye? You ok?" Called maddy. Maddy is our maid but shes always been more of a friend to the family. She a sweet older lady. Salt and pepper hair that was always in a bun with a hairclip in the shape of a red butterfly.

"Yea i guess. Im just having a hard time believing that they are actually gone. Are the preparations for the funeral done?" I asked knowing shes the one planing it. I feel bad making other people plan stuff like this but ive just never been good at planing anything.

"Almost. We should get ready and head over" she said giving me a hug.

"Yea ok." I said walking over to the bathroom. After a long hot shower im already starting to feel better. I get dressed in my black pants and matching coat. I brush my hair up into a loose pony tail and head for the door with jason and maddy.

Im supposed to address the pack before the funeral but honestly im just not sure what to tell them. Yes my parents died and now I, a small girl who has no experience what so ever on how to be an Alpha, is now Alpha. Why should they even listen to me?

          Jason already called the members of my pack to my home so i can speak to them. I hope to reassure them that though i am young i can still be a good Alpha.

          "As most all of you now know my father, Alpha Stephen, has passed. It is with a very heavy heart that i take his place as Alpha. I know i will never be able to fully take his place as he as left such a hole in all of our hearts but i hope to atlest mend what i can and continue his legacy with some decency." I tried to stay calm and collected but my voice couldnt be helped.

          The crowd started murmuring and questioned my position as a Alpha. "What hope do we have to stay stong if our 'Alpha' is a meek girl?" Called one person. Similar questions and remarks sprung up. I felt like crying. I was losing hope in myself.

          As this was happening Jason saw i was struggling and stepped forward. "THAT IS ENOUGH!" He growled loudly. "Alpha Skye will do a fine job! As long as you TRUST in your ALPHA!"

          The crowd quieted. "Right then" Jason said calming down and straightening his tie. "Apologize to your Alpha and then leave before i do something irrational." He stated looking at me.

          Everyone apologized and then left. Jason hugged me before walking me to the car. The car revs as we slowly pull away. "Have you heard anything from your father yet?" I asked jason. All he did was shake his head no. I hugged his arm and put my head on his shoulder.

          After a few minutes we arrive at the graveyard for my parents funeral. Lovely service followed with everyone placing a rose on the coffins.

          I said my goodbyes and sang amazing grace as they lowered the coffins. My father loved it when i sang. My mother and I never had a great relationship. I loved her and she me but i could sence a slight resentment that i was born a girl.

          Funny i always thought it would be my father to resent me but no it was my mother. Still i loved my parents and that day i promised to do the best i can to lead our pack the way my father did. With love and strength.