9: the bonfire and mates

Niome's POV:

The bonfire. Two words that I used to hate. The bonfire was were all the unmated changed wolfs would go in hopes of finding their mate. I actually wanted to stay at home this time instead of jumping at the chance to get out.

See my brother had been keeping me at home for the last week and hadn't touched me. He always stayed away from arms length and hadn't insulted me since my change. He even kept mum and dad away from me. You'd think I'd be grateful for this but not when he was always snarky and stuck up.

I was getting sick of being in my room and my wolf needed to be let out. She was pacing franticly trying to take over. I had been pushing her down I didn't need my family to know what I was. That would not help me at all.

My brother had to conveniently have a date with may tonight so he had to drop me at the bonfire were Alfa Mike and Luna Daisy could watch over me, I'm not a kid! Yes I know their names are pretty odd for the Alfas of the most powerful pack in the state. Suggestion, never ever tell them that unless you have a death wish. A slow one.

I don't know what logic my brother was using when he sent me to the bonfire when he could have just left me at home. It would have saved him the trouble of dropping me of and the Alfas wouldn't have to be spending their time looking out for me. But my wolf was happy to be let out at least marginally it didn't matter if it was to a place I didn't want to go.

So there I was after being dropped of by Cain I huddled up behind the delicious smelling catering tent were I was hoping to hide in the shadows with my dark hoddie and jeans hiding my skin. it's really to bad I got hungry.

As I was walking, well tiptoeing my way up to the front of the tent I was flattened by a wall... A muscular wall that was sending all kinds of sparks up and down me were our clothing connected.

MATE!!! My wolf screamed prancing happily she was so excited. My mate. I'd found my mate! He'd save me. He'd help me. He'd love me. All of that came crashing down when I saw a fuming lucas towering above me.

GULP!

Lucas POV:

No way. No way in hell was this creep my mate. YES SHE IS!!!!! My wolf screemed at me.

NO!!! I thought back to him. I'd always had strong feelings for her but how would people react when they found out that there soon to be Alfa was in love with a freak? So I did the best thing for me at the time. I channeled my feelings into hate.

I was the reason she had it so bad at school and I knew it. I didn't like it but I did it so I had to live with it and now she's my mate? What did i ever do to get her as a mate? I knew that she'd never be accepted as Luna. I needed a strong mate. Not her.

I had to reject her. For the good of the pack and my reputation. She was week.

"I reject you" I spat.

That's when it went to hell, when my wolf yelled NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!