21: a game of fetch

Yay I'm back! I am soooooo sorry it took me this long to write anything but I've finally managed to get some ideas for new chapters and also maybe some new stories. I may or may not be including the preview of my new book ideas. With this chapter of the next few.

Angels POV: the next day.

It was time to train these mutts. Great. I had a few ideas of how I was going to start and I had to choose between them so of corse I chose the most degrading option.

I watched as the members of the pack started lining up. well the ones who where able to fight anyways. it was weird to see them all lined up. the people from my past and some new faces two. there was one sister bing thing though, I could see the people who used to torment me checking me out and some of the kids I had to babysit looking at me like I was a piece of meat.

"OK everyone this is how we are going to do this. first we will split you into groups. i want the newly shifted to come and stand in two lines in front of den here to my right" people started moving and creating the lines as I said "next I want those from the ages 18-20 in three lines I front of me and the rest of you in two lines in front of Damon who is on my left and yes i asked for three lines in front of me because of what's going to happen next."

Once everyone had lined up I looked at the group I front of me that I was going to have to train. I saw people who used to tease me, push me around and stomp on me. I smiled thinking of what I was about to put them through. maybe his wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Now listen up the people standing I front of you are you are going to be your trainers for the foreseeable future so get used to their faces because by the end of Today you will hate them. today is focused on finding out what your main weaknesses are as a group and individually. each trainer has come up with t a few games of tests to see what we have to work with and get know your strengths. by the end of today we will have enough information to set up a practice schedule for the groups you are in now and each one of you individually. we will also have a group caption and co caption. they will be like your metaphorical alpha and beta when your training. they will be charge of your group and will answer directly to your trainers. this does not mean that you do not listen to your trainers if you are not chosen it just means there will be second party involved so if you have any complaints or need help you have someone that you are more familiar with to talk to and go to for advise. they will also be the go between for you and your trainers should any disputes happen or if you have any suggestions. understand." I called out to the groups.

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes angel?" someone said making it sound more like a question than a response.

"Good. you are to call your trainers by their name because we all really hate being called sir or mam. alright we are going to spit up. Ren your group get the gym. Damon your group get the forest area to the east of the territory and my group, we are going to be working in the clearing to the west." I explained. "ok, let's go"

I walked with my group from the open area near the bonfire pit out through the forest area to a clearing just near the border of their territory. I turned to see that my three lines had become a clump and sighed. this was not going to be as fun as I earlier thought.

"HEYYYYYYY!" I yelled making them all jump and turn to look at me "did I say to move out of your lines?"

"No Angel" a moan went through the crowd.

"IIt's ok it just means that we won't get to do the warm ups I had planed. aw well lets get into it. as a punishment for not obeying me we will play a game that you will probably hate. Fetch." I stated a cyy going through the crowd.

"What the hell! we may be wolves but we ain't dogs. You can't do that!" a male cried.

"Yea he's right that's degrading!" a female agreed

"Um no it's not degrading it's smart and yes I can do this because I am your trainer and I'm doing as I see fit to be the best way to train you. now we are going to play a game of fetch and you should all know the rules. I through the ball as far as I can you go and find it, grab it and bring it back to me. if someone else has the ball you are aloud to try and get it of them but you have to keep moving you can not stop running once someone has the ball until you get it to me, no stopping for a fist fight either. now let me explain how this game is smart, it will let me see who is the best at tracking, who finds the ball first, the best moving fighter, who is best at gaining the ball, the fastest runner, who gets to the ball and or gets back to me first/ fastest, the best thinker, who is more tactical about what they do and who has the most stamina, who can keep up the best or keep a steady pace thoroughly the game." I explained. "the first few games will be about finding straights and weaknesses individually after a few goes we will do group games and I will determine the best leaders, the best group workers, again the best thinkers and find people's group weaknesses. by the end of the day we will have our group captains, I will know what we need to work on and you will all be in a lot of pain. I will not sugar coat things so get used to it now because if you are bad at something I will tell you flat out, if you argue with me I won't hold back my opinion and if you think I'm going to let anyone get away with anything funny you have another thing coming. Got it? good."

I grabbed a faded green ball from my pocket and said "this is the ball get a good wiff now because when you try to hide it odds are it wi be camouflaged. I chose this ball just for that purpose. ok ready, set, go!" I yelled tossing the ball into the air and and kicking it with the heel of my shoe.

I watched as it when't soaring through the sky to the other end of the clearing, over the trees and heard it land with a faint thunk.

no one had moved yet and when I turned around I saw there shocked expressions and said "what I don't like to through balls?" I defended shrugging my shoulders "well get going!"

I don't know why they where so shocked I mean it was only one of those rubber balls you use to play hand ball with, it wasn't like it was a golf ball.

We had 10 games of individuals and then 10 of groups and by the end of it they where all on the ground panting and chugging water like they had come out of an 8 year drought. they had gotten into it no matter how bad they thought the game was. it was good that they where competitive otherwise I probably would have ended the day a lot angrier than I did.

It was weird to think that the people I front of me where around my age and young adults because they seemed like younger teenagers. not because they where immature though a few of the boys where but because they had such a good energy about them and I never really thought of myself as an adult anyway plus I was ordering them around a lot.

"Good work everyone. alright I am going to tell you the results of our best male and female candidates for the skills I told you earlier. Brandon and Chelsea are our best trackers as they where the ones who consistently found the ball and where able to do so the fastest. Zane and Lea are our best moving fighters who where able to get the ball he most times even if they didn't keep it. Tristan and Flora are our best strategists who where able to help their team team win each time with their plans. I'm sorry they where on he same team. now I know to separate them. Our fastest runners are Kyle and Sage." I told them.

Congratulations where given to the winners and everyone had smiles on there faces, surprisingly including me.

"And now the captains and co captains. your captains are Dex and Willow." a groan went through the crowd.

"Not willow!"
"Come on she sucks!"
"Yea she can't do anything"
"She's no good" people called

Willow stepped forward and looked at me with misty eyes. she straitened her back and said to me "iit's ok there right. pick someone else"

This made me angry. she was like me but not as bad thank god. well at least as far as I could see. "NO!" I yelled my voice going slightly deeper "I will NOT pick someone else you are the female captain and that is it. NONE of you get to complain. She is the strongest willed has the second best stamina rate can mesmerize behavior patterns and has one of the best set of senses I have ever seen. She is fit to be your captain and I honestly think that because you clearly treat her disrespectfully, witch ends now, she has the ability to make the fairest decisions without being swayed with friends." everyone shut up and willow smiled but hung her head to hide it and sat down.

"Now the co captains are..." I continued.

This was a defining moment for me because as I watched the smile light up willows face I realized I had my new best friend. even if she didn't know it yet.