Chapter Three

It's a terrible love and
I'm walking with spiders,
It's a terrible love and
I'm walking in - Birdy, Terrible Love

Chapter Three - I Want This

Everyone knows Alex Lewis throws the best parties but Connor Townsend's parties were just as good. Sam was dancing with Eric, her date for tonight. He was one of the boys from the football team. Louis set them up together, she's always trying to hook her up with those jocks.

"I'm gonna get us a drink." Eric told before leaving on the dance floor alone. Sam swayed her hips to the music and grinned when she saw Olivia but then the grin faded when she saw Zeke's arms around her.

Where was Aaron?

"Hey," Eric came back and held out the cup to her. "Thanks." She smiled and gulped down on the bitter drink.

Suddenly, Eric's arms were around her waist and he was just inches away from her. "What do you think you're doing?" Sam wrinkled her nose in disgust. Eric leaned in to kiss her but Sam pushed him off. "Get away from me." She sneered. "Disgusting." She muttered while walking away.

Her head started to throb, she gripped the wall to stable herself. Then entered the nearest room.

"Aaron?"

Aaron was sitting on the edge of the bed, someone's bed. He looked up, surprised to see Sam. "What are you doing here?"

Aaron gulped down the liquid from the cup that he was holding and placed it on the bedside table. Then he started to chuckle, it wasn't out of humor but sadness. "Did you see them?"

"Who?" Sam was puzzled, "Oh, you mean... Olivia?"

He snorted before letting his body fall on to the bed. "Who else?"

"Aaron.." Sam didn't know exactly what to say, she was lost for words but something about looking the way he hurt had somehow hurt her too. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? That I'm a sucker for Olivia?"

"No, I'm sorry that she doesn't see how much you love her." Sam said. The room was silent for a moment.

Sam turned to leave, "Wait," Aaron called out. She turned and suddenly his mouth was on hers. It wasn't a sweet gentle kiss it was a sad and angry kiss. He tasted of beer and mint gum. Sam moaned as he grabbed her waist and pushed her against the door. The door shut as Sam's body fell against it. Aaron pulled away from the kiss suddenly, leaving her breathless and wanting.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, I-" Aaron was cut off by Sam's mouth against his. "It's alright." She said in between kisses, "I want this." Sam reached her hand down to the doorknob and locked it.

Then she wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her to the bed. She laid down, gasping for air. Aaron was hovering over her his hands held her waist tightly. His eyes sparkled with lust.

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked. He voice was raw with need.

"Yes," She gasped as she placed her hands on his chest, "I'm sure." At that moment there was nothing else on their mind but just the two of them.

-------------

Iris's stomach grumbled silently at the sight of food in front her. She was famished. Alex's sister, Tatiana wait no, Thalia, sat in front of her. Alex sat on her left while her husband, Daniel sat on her right. Iris looked down at the set of fork and spoons, she was clueless. Sam would know what to do, she does grew up in a very rich and posh home.

"So, Iris, how long have you been in the school's swim team?" Mrs. Lewis asked. All attention was now on Iris.

She smiled nervously, "Two years. I joined when during freshmen year."

"That's interesting." Mrs. Lewis smiled kindly.

"You don't look like a swimmer." Thalia said, her gaze was sharp. "I thought swimmers usually had strong arms."

Before she could explain, Matthew, Alex's brother said, "Strong arms is just an added advantage."

"Then, I suppose you don't swim as fast do you?" Mrs. Lewis's eyes widened at Thalia's insult.

"Actually," This time Elliot spoke, "She had won three gold medals during her freshmen year and two more this year."

Daniel smiled, he looked impressed, "That's impressive."

Thalia forced a smile, "It is."

They started chatting away as Iris continued eating without being interrupted. Apparently, Thalia has just gotten her bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing while Daniel's an architect. Matthew's a Psychologist while Rhiannon's a pediatrician. A family full of successful people, nothing Iris had expected from Alex Lewis. Now that she thought of it, he wasn't acting as his bad boy self, in fact he was smiling more than he would in school.

They finished dessert and the table was cleared by the maids and butlers. Then the Lewis' led them to the living room. A beautiful crystal chandelier hung in the centre of the room. The couches were obviously made from expensive materials.

"I think it's time we tell them the actual purpose of this dinner, don't you think, Elise?" Iris stilled. The way Mrs. Lewis smiled made her stomach churn.

"I think so too." Iris's mother agreed.

"Luke, why don't you tell them?" Mrs. Lewis asked her husband. He hesitated and nodded.

The room was suddenly silent. Mr. Lewis cleared his throat, he looked around at all of us then his gaze landed on his children. He seemed sad. "Your mother, my wife, Lisa, was diagnosed with breast cancer."

Iris's mouth dropped open in shock while Thalia let out a gasp. "Mom..." Thalia trailed off, a hand covered her mouth. Instinctively, Daniel's hand held hers.

Iris looked up to her parents, they didn't seemed surprised but they looked sad. Then Iris's gaze landed on Alex's. His jaw clenched as he stared down at the floor avoiding everyone's eyes.

Mr. Lewis looked at his wife reassuringly, he held her hand, "I'm dying, as your father just said." She chuckled, her eyes were sad. "Time is running out and before I leave, I want to make sure I leave the people I love with the right person."

"Mom, this isn't a joke-" Alex finally spoke but his mother cut him off by saying, "I know, it isn't." She had said softly.

"Before I leave, I want to see all of my children married to the right people and live happily." Lisa said, "All of my children but Alex is married. So, before I die I'd like to see him get married."

Alex looked up, his eyes widened in shock, "Elise has been my best friend since we were in high school, so I thought that it would be a great idea join our families together through marriage."

Elliot coughed, "Wait what? You're going to marry my mom?"

Mr. and Mrs Lewis and Iris's parents laughed. Iris smiled a little at Elliot who looked puzzled. She gazed to Alex who was already staring at her. A smile tugged on his lips.

"No, I want Alex to marry Iris." And the smile vanished from his face.

Author's Note

Samantha Joseph's picture on the top (Dianna Agron) :)