Chapter Two

I knew I loved you,
Before I met you,
I have been waiting all my life - Savage Garden, I Knew I Loved You

Chapter Two - Have we met before?

Iris was walking back home when she saw Aaron parking his car. She jogged up to his porch knocked on his car window. He seemed startled. Iris waved while grinning. He smiled sadly and opened his car door. Iris stepped back as he stepped out of his car.

"Wanna hang out?" Iris asked eyeing him.

He locked his car, "Sorry, I got things to do." His voice was quiet.

"Are you okay?" Iris frowned.

Did he overheard their conversation with Olivia?

"I'm fine." He said, "I should get inside, I have an assignment to do." Wait, what?

"You're lying, you never do your assignment." Iris stared intently at him. "Did something happened between you and Olivia?"

He flinched, "She told you, didn't she?"

"Aaron.." Her hand instinctively went to his shoulder. He roughly shrugged her hand off.

"Whatever, just leave me alone." Iris stood there as she watched her best friend walked away. She felt a part of her slowly fading away too.

Iris sighed before turning around and headed to the house opposite of Aaron's, which was her house. "Hey, Violet." She patted her grey cat that was laying lazily on the white picket fence. Violet purred making Iris smile. "Lazy ass." She muttered before heading towards the door. She unlocked the door and was surprised to see her parents in the living room and not at work.

"Ah, finally, you're back." Her mother, Elise greeted. Her father looked up and smiled at her.

"Why aren't you at work?" Iris asked while taking off her shoes.

"Because we have important things to do today." Her mother said cheerfully.

What's she so excited about? Iris thought.

"We?"

"Yes, all of us, even your brother too." Her father, Peter, announced. Iris looked at them, puzzled. They hardly ever took off days from work. Something very important must have come up.

"Where are we going?" Iris asked. Her mother winked playfully, "Oh, you'll know soon." Iris narrowed her blue eyes at them. Iris shared her mother's blue eyes and both parents' dark hair.

"Do I have to go?" Iris groaned. She had planned to stay in bed all day then finish up her essays.

"Don't start this." Her father said with a strict tone.

Iris sighed exasperatedly, "Fine."

"We'll leave at 6." Her mother told her as she walked up the stairs and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

---------

All her parents told her was to be ready before six and to wear something feminine and elegant. But they never told Iris where exactly they were going so she wore a black sweater with a black skirt and gold sneakers. She was aiming for a casual look. Well, that was until she saw the big fancy house that screamed 'I'm Rich'.

At that moment she wished she had worn a dress and something fancier. "Come here," Her mother said, "Put on some mascara and put some colour on your face, you look pale."

Thanks, mom. Iris thought sarcastically.

"Wait, I think I have a lipstick here somewhere..." Her mother trailed off while digging into her purse. "Here." She passed her a berry red lipstick.