Chapter One

Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun,
But baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run
Rule number two, just don't get attached to - Marina & The Diamonds, How to Be a Heartbreaker

Chapter One - Heartbreaker

Iris Miller

"You did well as usual, Iris." Mrs. Peterson placed a sheet of paper on my desk. "Keep up the good work." I smiled up at her.

An A+ symbol was written on the top of the paper. I had really studied my butts off to ace this test. The room was filled with the students' mutter of joy and groans of irritation.

"A?" My best friend, Olivia Kristin asked. Her green eyes was a contrast against her black hair. She had a heart shaped face with lovely freckles splattered across her tanned caramel cheeks.

"A plus." She smirked.

"Well then, we deserve a lame best buddy high five." Olivia chuckled before giving Iris a high five. "Those sleepless nights were worth it." Iris muttered.

The bell rang a few seconds later, indicating that it was lunch time. Iris and Olivia rushed to their lockers which was right next to each other before heading towards the cafeteria. They spotted Samantha Joseph's bleached blonde hair and waved at her. Iris, Olivia and Sam had been best friends since they were in kindergarten. If hair tugging and slapping each other counts as best friends anyway.

"Jeez, Iris why are you wearing that awful shirt." Sam's twin, Louisiana pointed out. Sam rolled her eyes at her twin while Iris looked down at the shirt that she was wearing.

"It's cool." Olivia said while narrowing her eyes at Louis.

"Whatever," Louis and Sam had the same bleached blonde hair and dark brown eyes. They were both tall and had a natural athletic build. While Olivia's average in height and had a slightly curvy body. "I'm hanging with Jade and the others after school. Don't wait up." Louis told Sam before strutting towards the popular bunch sitting in the center of the cafeteria.

"Don't worry Iris, you look beautiful, you always do." Sam smiled, "Louis is a bitch and we all know that."

Iris blushed, she never reacted well to compliments. She tucked her dark brown hair behind her ears and shrugged. "Thanks."

"Guess who?" Iris and Sam looked up to find Aaron Benson covering Olivia's eyes with his huge hands. Olivia giggled, "Aaron, please, I can tell it's you even by the way you breathe."

Aaron grinned before sitting on the blue cafeteria bench next to Olivia. Aaron's ginger brown curly hair were in their usual mess. His hazel eyes were as bright as the sun every time Olivia's around.

"How's your day going?" Aaron asked, his eyes never leaving Olivia's.

"It's going well, what about you?" Olivia chewed on her apple.

Sam's eyes fell on the dark haired figure behind Aaron. He was tall, dark and handsome. His dark eyes were as mysterious as the dark night. He had that smirk that would make girls fall to their knees. He was always wearing a leather jacket. It complimented his look even better.

"You're drooling." Iris's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

Sam choked on her salad. "What?" Her hands automatically went to her mouth to check for any saliva. None.

Iris grinned, crinkles forming around her blue eyes, "Gotcha." She laughed.

Sam rolled her eyes and continued eating her salad.