Ch. 20

Published on: 1/29/20

Words: 2,289

Raina POV

It's been a few days since they went to the Slytherin tower and found out that 50 years ago, the chamber was opened again. I have continued to train while trying to figure out where the chamber was and how was that blasted snake getting around the school to attack. There have been many more attacks on the muggle-born. Only four of them have been revived since they had O.W.L.S to do and that was important but everyone younger stayed petrified and had to wait for the mandrakes that Madam Sprout was raising. I went to help her every now and then while continuing my chores with Hagrid and going to Snape when I had a free period. Neva and I haven't talked much but I knew she was there, watching me. I used her powers during training with the dragons so I could gain more control and not lose it when I'm angry. I'm so happy that I was stronger now. Now I can protect everyone I care for. The Dragons said that by the end of the year I would have mastered all of the magic they have taught me. By the end of the year, I will be strong enough to make sure Voldemort doesn't ever come back.

~A few days later a night~

I was with Harry in the common room. He was going through the empty journal he found in the bathroom. He started writing on it so I ignored him and continued to read my book. I then saw him stiffen and got curious but ignored it until he showed signs of shock. After a few moments, I saw him lean on his chair and then sit straight again. I decided to go check on him and saw the words 'Let me take you back fifty years ago'  then it flipped through pages on its own. When it stopped, on the top right corner showed '13th June'. Then it started lighting up in the middle of the book as Harry lifted the book. It ended up sucking both of us in it. We ended up in one of the many corridors in Hogwarts. Everything was in grey. We went up to one person that was at the top of the stairs. I tuned Harry out as I tried to hear if anyone was nearby.

After a few moments, professors came out of a room carrying a dead body. I then saw the person on the stairs as he approached a younger version of Dumbledore. "Riddle, come," Dumbledore said "It is not wise to be wandering around this late hour, Tom," he said and Tom nodded. "Yes, professor. I suppose, I had to see for myself if the rumors were true," Tom answered. "I'm afraid they are, Tom. They are true," Dumbledore said and I knew they were planning on closing the school for this. Tom, where have I heard that name?

Tom, then started implying that he knew something. And by his words, I could tell he was planning on framing someone about the incidents. I looked at Harry and knew he wasn't thinking the same as I. He was believing everything this book was showing him. Then we followed Tom down a corridor and through some stairs. Then we reached a door and Tom entered revealing a younger version of Hagrid while he was still in school. And that is when everything hit me. Tom framed Hagrid of being the cause of the attacks, Hagrid got expelled which is why he didn't know how to write properly when I met him, and the school remained open. And that girl, I think that was Myrtle. So she must know where the chamber is. She looked into the eyes of the basilisk and died. But what does Tom have to do with any of this? What makes him important?

I saw do a spell to open the crate behind Hagrid and a spider came out of it. I moved away and stood behind Harry. "I hate spiders," I told Harry as he just let me hold onto his robes and watched the spider run away. We were pushed out of the book soon after that scene and we were suddenly back in the Gryffindor common room. "We should go to bed and talk about this tomorrow with Hermione, and Ron," I said and he nodded. He put the diary in one of the bookshelves and we went to our dorms.

The next morning I told Harry to tell the others since I had things to do today before I was able to talk to them. He agreed and I went off to do my daily routine. Once classes finished, Hagrid let me off chores so I finished the clothes I had to make and told my customers that they could come and get their clothes whenever they want. After that, I went to the girl's bathroom on the third floor and called for Myrtle. "Myrtle, can I talk to you please?" I asked as I looked for her in all the stalls. She then popped out behind me and said: "What do you want?" I turned around and looked at her "I want to know how you died. How did it happen?" she looked at me and started telling me what happened.