Shopping for school and First Day at Hogwarts

Published on: 11/17/19

Words: 2,102

Raina POV

We were finally 11 and we got out Hogwarts letters. Mom and dad have taken us to buy our things for classes. Dad took Draco and mom took me. We agreed to meet up at Ollivanders to buy our wands together. After we bought my books and cauldron, we still had about 30 minutes left so I asked mom if I could look around before going to Ollivander and she agreed. I looked around to all the stores and remembered my way back. I found a small store that looked left out. I decided to look inside. "Hello?" I spoke out "Hello young lady. Anything I can interest you in?" she store's lady asked "I'm just looking around," I replied and she nodded "Well, look around and tell me what you like, you might even find some keys in the back," she said and disappeared into another room. I was confused at what she said but I still looked in the back. I found a black box with a dragon engraved on it. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge 'Try with my power' Neva suggested and so I did. I hit the box with some of the ice magic she has and it opened. I looked inside and saw the keys that  Acnologia gave me along with a purple lacrama next to them. I thought lacramas didn't exist in this world? Maybe something else that came from my world. I closed the box and took it to the front desk and called for the lady.

"Ma'am, how much is this?" I asked and the lady appeared. "This old thing, I've been trying to get it open for years," she said and I sweatdropped. "I like the engraving on it, besides if you move it around, it seems to be empty," I said and she tried it. I nodded and she said "That would be a galleon and five sickles," she said and I gave her the money. Once I was out of the store, I used Neva's ice magic to open it again and saw that the keys and lacrama were still in there. I closed the box and made my way to where mom was. Once there, we headed to Ollivanders to buy our wands. 

Draco was already there with dad, we all went inside and waited for Ollivander to come out. He came from behind  shelf "Ah, mister Malfoy, I was hoping to see your children today." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Draco was first to get his wand. He ended up with a 10-inch long wand, made of hawthorn wood, and had a unicorn hair core. Next, it was my turn. I went through five wands before a wand finally chose me "Interesting," he said and grabbed the wand "This wand is made of Alder wood and dragon heartstring core, two very different components. I made this one, to see how well the two components went together but on one, until now, was chosen to wield this wand. Maybe now I can see what this wand has to bring," he said and handed me my new wand. Dad paid for both wands and we left the store. "Mom, can I continue to look around, please?" I asked her and she looked at dad and he nodded. Mom nodded at me and I left to look around. I found the Weasleys at a book store buying Fred and George their new books. I went up to them and helped them buy the books they needed. They didn't want the help but I still gave it because they needed it. I told them that if they wanted to pay me back for this then they have to pass their classes this year. They agreed and we went everywhere that they need to go and then we split ways.

I found my way to the old store where I bought the dragon carved box. I decided to continue looking around in there and see if she has anything else that I might need. I went in and started looking around again. I saw, on the far wall, weapons. I saw swords, bows, and arrows, and even knives but none of them took my interest. I then saw a few whips next to the belts. There were only two whips, I grabbed both and swung them around. They both fit well for me and easy to handle. I decided to buy them and continued to look around. I found other lacramas lying around so I got them. They might not work in this world but I can use them to make my ceiling look like stars. At least I'll have that from home. I went up to the desk and the lady smiled when she saw me "Back again, I see. Liked something else in my store?" I smiled and nodded "Two whips and these eight crystals. I want to use them to make the ceiling of my room look like the stars. I have everything but I need these," the lady nodded and I paid her one galleon and 12 sickles. I left my name and address of where I'll be if she ever got any for lacramas. Once out of the store, I opened a pocket dimension and placed the things that I bought today in there. I didn't want to accidentally leave them behind or lose them. After that, I went to the exit where mom and dad were waiting for me. We left Diagon Alley and I went to my room to pack until dinner time.