Ch.18

Published on: 1/8/20

Words: 2,619

Raina POV

The next morning I went to my dorm to shower and feed my animals. I checked on my egg and saw that it was close to hatching. I changed robes and went to Hagrid. I asked him about the chamber of secrets 50 years ago and he seemed shocked "How do you know about that?" he asked and I sighed. "I asked my house-elf when was the Chamber opened before and he told me 50 years ago. And I knew you were here during that so I decided to ask you," I answered and he told me what happened. He told me how they blamed his spider for ding it but it wasn't him. He ended up expelled from the school and that Dumbledore offered him to stay here when his father died. I nodded and told him that I would be around after classes since I still had to help him. Right now though, I had DADA so I had to get there on time.

We were in the great hall today learning how to duel. Lockhart was against Snape. Snape ended up throwing him across the floor but he laughed it off saying he let Snape do that. I was next to Draco since that was where my house was but I would rather be with my friends. I saw how Justin, a muggle-born, introduced himself to Harry. I was very happy that Harry was making friends from different houses.

I looked at Snape as he smirked at being able to throw Lockhart against the floor. I was a bit jealous since I have wanted to do that a thousand times. "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor," Snape suggested and Lockhart agreed. He called up Harry and Ron but Snape interrupted "Weasley's wand causes devastation even with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps," Draco and I looked at him "Which one?" we both asked at the same time. We looked at each other and I smiled. It had been a long time since we did that "Draco," Snape said while pointing his wand at him. Draco went up to the stage and started walking up to Harry. They took out their wands and bowed. Then they walked away from each other and turned around in a stance ready to fight. "Everte Statum!" Draco yelled first. As the spell hit Harry he was thrown across the stage just like Lockhart. He got up and said "Rictusempra!" the spell hit Draco and he landed on his ass in front of Snape. Snape lifted him and Draco went again "I said disarm only," Lockhart reminded them. "Serpensortia!" Draco said and a snake showed up. I moved away from my house and went to where Harry used to stand, next to Justin. Lockhart made it fly and when it landed it turned to Justin. I stood beside him as he backed up. "Sayahrsashi(This is done purely out of hearing the movie. As close to it as I could get it)," both Harry and I said. I looked at him confused at how he knew the language. I stood in front of Justin as it got closer. I stuck out my arm for him to bite while Harry and I continued to tell him not to attack. "Sayahrsieth," he turned to Harry in defiance and then turned back to me. "Sayahrsieth," we repeated and I put my arm in front of him again as he started climbing me. He wrapped himself around my neck and I smiled. Then I heard Justin speak up "What are you playing at?" I turned to him confused. Harry looked around and saw that almost everyone was glaring at him. He ran out of the hall and I followed him. Hermione and Ron followed as well. 

Ron grabbed my shoulder and turned me around "You guys are Parselmouths? Why didn't you tell us?" he asked and Harry responded, "We're what?" "You guys can talk to snakes," Hermione said "I know. I mean, I accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley once," Harry said. Ron looked at Hermione "Once. But so what? I bet loads of people can do it," he said and Hermione shook her head. "No, they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry. This is bad," Harry was confused "What's bad? If we hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin..." Harry was cut off by Ron "That's what you guys said to it," "You were there. You heard us," Harry said. I was beginning to think that Harry didn't know he could speak parseltongue. "I heard you guys speak Parseltongue. Snake language," Ron said and I spoke up, "I thought only I can do it along with he-who-must-not-be-named. I never thought someone else could do it too," I said while looking at Harry.