Ch. 27

Published on: 3/13/20

Finally! It took 27 chapters but I finally found the perfect moment for Draco and Hermione to get close! I'm so happy. Enjoy!

Words: 2,261

Raina POV

I continued to try and help Sirius but he somehow kept pushing me away from danger. They went around the cliff and Harry managed to follow. I looked at Snape and Hermione and nodded towards the castle, telling them to go there and get help. I then left and followed Harry. I saw Harry throw a rock at Lupin and I howled for help from the nearest wolf pack. Lupin heard and came towards me. He was ready to attack when another howl was heard. It caught his attention and he went after it. We saw Sirius going towards the cliff and I hurried towards him as Harry followed. I pushed him backward with my hind legs as I ended up taking his place at falling off the cliff. I hit the ground hard and fell unconscious. When I came back, I was in a hospital bed next to Ron. Harry was on the other side and Draco was next to sleeping. I looked around and saw no Hermione. I wondered if she was ok.

Hermione POV

I was terrified when I saw Harry and Raina being brought in unconscious. Raina had a few minor injuries around her back but Harry was just unconscious because of the dementors. I knew I had to bring Draco here even if I didn't like it. I went to the Slytherin common room since I knew he was there with his two lackeys. I saw the portrait scoff at me and I said, "Can you please open up? I have to get Malfoy because Raina got hurt and I know he would like to know about this," I said and he just glared at me "Fine, but only to get Mr. Malfoy. You get out immediately after that mudblood." I nodded and went in as the portrait opened up. I found him snickering with his friends in the common room when everything went quiet as they all saw me. "What are you doing here mudblood?" Draco sneered at me as I panted since I ran all the way here and I was still tired. "Raina..." I continued to pant heavily "...got hurt..." I said and he got close to me and shook my shoulders. "Where is she?! What happened?!" he yelled and I pushed him away as I finally caught my breath. "...a fight with a werewolf. She got hurt and was sent off a cliff. Dementors were around and they got to her. She's in the hospital wing with Harry and Ron," I said and his eyes hardened. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me with him to the hospital wing. I just let him since I too was worried about my friends.

When we got to the hospital, he immediately let go of my wrist as he made his way to Raina. I went to Harry since Ron was already asleep and he was taken care of. I made sure Harry was aright before going to Draco and Raina. I found him hold her hand and stroking her hair. He seemed to care for her. I saw a few tears leave his eyes as he saw her. I hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder in a comforting way. "She's alright, Draco...I mean Malfoy." I said quickly after noticing my mistake. "Why was she fighting a werewolf?" he asked and I looked down "We were out chasing after Ron's rat that got away from him. We didn't notice that it got dark until we caught it by the Whopping Willow. A werewolf was nearby and heard us. Ron broke his leg on a fall, and I tried to help him as Harry and Raina fought it off. Raina got hurt and fell off a cliff and Harry went after her. He noticed the dementors and he did a Patronus to keep them away but he couldn't keep them all away and so they both got hit by them. Harry is over there on the other side," I explained to him. I felt bad for lying to him but I couldn't tell him that she was fighting Professor Lupin along with Sirius Black and that Ron's rat was an animagus. He would think I'm crazy and he wouldn't believe half of it.

He nodded and continued what he was doing. He's not so bad when he's alone. I wonder why he's always hiding his true self from everyone. "Why do you do that?" I asked and he looked at me confused "Do what?" he asked but didn't look at me. "Why do you show to everyone else this mean and awful part of you when you're nice?" I asked and he looked at me shocked. "Rubbish," he said and scoffed at me. I giggled and said "You can fake it all you want but when you're with Raina, you don't notice how much of your guard you put down. Just in her presence, your eyes soften and you smile a little. Don't worry, I won't tell. I think I'll keep this secret to myself," I said as I smiled and let go of his shoulder. I put my hand on Raina's other one and smiled. Raina is like a sister to me so it hurts me to see her like this.