Ch. 26

Published on: 3/9/20

Words: 2,550

Raina POV

The holidays were over and everything got back to normal. I taught Harry and Ron how to use their weapons and the appreciated the gale glasses I gave them. They said they make studying easier. Harry told me that he was going to practice with Lupin the Patronus charm. I told him it was alright and that I knew he would be able to master it in no time. I continued to train with my dragons and with Viper. I train Ron as well sometimes so he could defend himself without his wand if he ever needed to.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I decided to go to Hagrid's today to see how Buckbeak's hearing went. "Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there. Then I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak as a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as he looked at you," I got mad knowing that is exactly what my father said. "And then?" Hermione asked. "And then, he asked for the worst." "They're not sacking you!" Harry said. "No, I'm not sacked. Buckbeak's been sentenced to death," I gaps and stared at him in disbelief. I felt tears gathering up in my eyes as I shook my head and ran into the forest. I let out my wings and went to where Sirus was. I landed and went into the Shrieking Shack to cry. I hated it when people saw me cry so I would always go to where no one would see me. Sirius was out hunting for food right now since I can't bring him food every day.

I cried for hours in the Shrieking Shack until I calmed down. Sirus soon came in and hugged me "I heard what happened. What are you going to do?" he asked as I hugged back "I won't let them kill Buckbeak. I will do everything that I can to stop that," I said as I stood up to leave. "Be careful Raina. I still need an heir after this," he said while smiling knowing I knew what he meant. He doesn't care about the family name nor the inheritance he cares that I come back safe and sound. We promised each other that after this, we would spend time together as uncle and niece and get to know each other. 

That night, I went around the campus making sure everyone was in bed since I still had permission to walk around. I made ice rats so they could patrol the corridors where I wasn't. I caught a Flint and escorted him to the common room "Do it again, and you'll be losing points," I said and he just sneered at me. I left him and continued on my patrol. Hagrid and I finished our chores early so I could patrol without worry. One of my rats caught Harry in the corridor and Snape escorting him to Lupin. I sighed and decided to call it a night. I went back to my dorm and slept.

The next day we had Divination. That damn hag was pissing me off. I was sitting with Lucas as always for this class. We hadn't talked much this year but we did hang out whenever we could. He said he liked the present I gave him for Christmas and I told him that I like his. I showed him that I was wearing it and he seemed to be happy about it. I then saw Hermione leaving the class and dropping the crystal ball on her way out. I knew she hated this class. When we left I saw Harry go back up to place the ball back. I decided to walk with Lucas to his next class since I have Ancient Runes and it was close to his class. He pecked my cheek and went in as I went to my class.

~The next day~

We all went to Hagrid's since today was the execution. On our way there, we ran into Draco and his idiotic friends. I heard him talking about Buckbeak and I got riled up. I was angry that he was happy about this. I know Draco. I know he's good. I know this is only his mask but it pisses me off that he does all this to get our father's approval. Goyle noticed us and they all turned to us "Come to see the show," Hermione got out her wand "You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" she said as she cornered him into the stone wall behind him and pointed her wand at his throat. "Hermione, no! He's not worth it," Ron said and I just smirked. I wanna see how this ends.