Ch. 10

Published on: 12/12/19

Words: 2,219

Raina POV

Once inside Snape's office, he turned to me and extended his hand. I sighed and gave him the vials with blood "They are both from Quirell, I'm sure you saw Venom around his leg today," he nodded and started checking the blood. "So, anything interesting?" I asked him "Yes, actually. The second blood contains unicorn blood," my eye's widened. "He's in the Dark Forest through the night," I whispered under my breath and he nodded. "Hagrid takes care of the creatures in the Dark Forest," Snape looked at me confused "So what?" "So, you, as the head of Slytherin, can assign me as his helper for extracurricular activities. I can keep tabs on the Dark Forest and report to you every morning before classes begin. This way, you're here watching Quirell, and I'm over there during the night locating him," I said and he seemed to think about it. After a while, he nodded looked at me "I was beginning to think that you were placed in the wrong house miss Raina, looks like I was wrong," I smirked at him and he signed a paper giving me permission to be in the Dark Forest with Hagrid as his helper. I nodded to him and left for dinner.

~One month later~

Everyone was going home for the Christmas holidays but I was staying here this year. Draco already went home and I sent him with the gifts I made for him, mom, and dad. He didn't like that I wasn't going but I told him that I still had to practice with Neva and I couldn't do that at home where I'm not allowed to do magic. He understood that and went home without me. I sent Winter to give Mr. and Mrs. Weasley their gifts along with Bill and Charlie. I gave Fred and George theirs and asked them to put Harry's, and Ron's under the Gryffindor Christmas tree. I gave Hermione her as well before she left and even gave one to my teachers. Since I spent so much time with Hagrid over the past month, I started teaching him how to read and write. He was very thankful to me and gave me a gift while I also gave him one. I gave him a book on dragons and how to identify which type of dragon is hatched from what type of egg. I know he will love it. I gave Snape dragon scales for his potions along with their blood and a hand-made new scarf since Venom accidentally destroyed his while trying to find a loose rat. I gave Dumbledore sweets and McGonagall a new Gryffindor colored scarf. I was excited for Christmas to get here so everyone can open their presents. Dumbledore and Snape gave me something as well so I can't wait to see what it is.

~Christmas Day~

I woke up early today and did my daily routine. After that, I went to the Slytherin Christmas tree and got my presents. I opened mom's first, she gave me five different books, all on one animal language. Then I opened dad's present. He gave me a snake necklace and a dragon crown. It had a dragon in the middle and a string of jewels going around for my head. It was meant to go from the back of my head to the middle of my forehead. I loved them both.

 I loved them both

(Dragon crown)

Then I opened McGonagall's present. It was a Griffin cub she left a note with him as well "Take care of him. I found him in a dark alley at Diagon Alley. He was on the verge of death and since I know you love creatures, I decided to give him to you. Love...McGonagall," I read out loud. I picked him up and started patting his fur. He seemed to like it because he purred the whole time. "I'm going to name you Kronos," I said and he purred again. Next was Draco's gift, he got me a book on all the purebloods in the Wizarding world "Of course he would," I said out loud to myself. Next was Harry's gift. He gave me more tools for me to use when I make clothes. The Weasleys gave me a knitted scarf and Mr. Weasley gave me one of his enchanted muggle objects. He gave me a muggle phone for me to use whenever I needed it; outside of Hogwarts of course since these object wouldn't work here. Next was Snape, he gave me a book on potions and not just any potions, these are forgotten and forbidden potions that were lost throughout time. Hagrid gave me a book on all the magical creatures in the world and Dumbledore gave me an invisibility cloak with a letter