She's Dead

Published on: 10/16/19

I'm publishing this because it is something I finished doing a while ago and I wanted to see who this story went. I got the sequel set but to buy time I will post once a week or maybe once every two weeks so I could finish the sequel and post that as well. Enjoy!

Words: 1,704

Third Person POV

Natsu was talking to Igneel as Igneel had Acnologia under his hind legs. Igneel was telling Natsu why the dragon lied dormant in the inside of the slayers when suddenly Acnologia started to fight back again from under the leg and managed to bring Igneel to the air once again. Lucy felt the magic power from above and knew she had to do something or everyone would end up dead. As she ran as close to the fight as possible, no one knew had a spell in mind that would save them all but kill her in the process. She had researched this spell thoroughly after the first time Acnologia showed up on Tenrou Island. She didn't want anything like that happening again so she looked everywhere that she could to find an answer. She did find it but the spell came at a cost, a cost that she was willing to pay for her family.

As Lucy neared the fight she noticed that Natsu was close as well. She went around the fight to get to where Natsu, or anyone for that matter, would find her and stop her. As the two dragons were about to collide, Lucy sent a powerfull attack to Acnologia which sent him back and got Igneel's attention. Igneel went to Lucy to tell her to get away "Go away girl, you'll end up killing yourself," he said but she shook her head "I know a spell that could destroy Acnologia but I need your help Igneel. I need you to keep everyone else away so no one gets hurt after this," she said and he just looked at her. 

"I hope you don't mean that spell," he says and she looks down "Yes, I mean that spell," she answered as she looked at him "I am willing to die for my friends and family but I can't keep them away and destroy him at the same time. Please, Igneel, please, keep everyone away so I can do this without worrying about them," he continued to look at her and finally nodded. He knew he couldn't change her mind, no one could. So he agreed and left to make sure everyone was away. Acnologia, who finally came back from the attack, went straight for Lucy.

Seeing Acnologia coming straight for her, Lucy started casting the spell. Hearing her words, Acnologia started flying to her faster knowing what that spell could do to him. By the time he reached her it was too late. She had already finished the spell and blasted him with it. 

Lucy POV

As I hit Acnologia with the blast, there was a small amount of time where our minds linked. "Why would you do that?" Acnologia asked me and he appeared in my mind. "Because I couldn't allow you to hurt my family again. You cause us to stay dormant for seven years on Tenrou Island and I refused to let it happen again. I didn't want to see you take more from us than you already have. For my friend's and family's happiness, I would give up everything," I answered him as he hummed. "You are one of the noblest humans that I have ever met. You have a heart of gold that many people in this world don't appreciate. For this, I will grant you two things. One being someone inside of you that will always be by your side no matter what," he saw my confused expression "Like a dual personality," I nodded and he continued "And the second thing will be my power. For your noble and courageous heart, you will now and forever will be, queen of the dragons. No matter what life you are reborn in, dragons will always obey you," he disappeared but in his place was 50 different keys. I grabbed them and saw that they were dragon keys. One for each dragon element. I didn't know what I would need them for now if I was going to die soon but I'm thankful for the thought. And with that last thought, everything went black.

Igneel's POV

I feel bad for Natsu. I knew he cared for that girl like a sister and now to find out that she died saving everyone. This was going to break him. And I could tell that it won't break only him, but also everyone that knew her.

I looked at Natsu knowing he smelled her scent in the air. Everyone made their way to where Acnologia and that girl lied. As we got closer I saw the dragon slayers tense up and everyone else looking at them confused. The slayers ran closer to the bodies and the others followed wanting to know what's got them worked up. The dragons followed behind everyone since we already knew what had happened since I told them. We looked at all of them as they cried.

Natsu POV

I saw Lucy's body right in front of Acnologia's. I kneeled down next to her and started shaking her "Luce, wake up. This isn't funny, Luce," she wouldn't budge. Wendy came over and checked her but her dull eyes said she was gone. A golden light appeared next to us and I knew it was Loke. "What happened to her?" I asked him as he kneeled down. "She casted a spell that would defeat Acnologia but that spell came with a cost. Her life," he finished and we all burst into tears. Why would she do that? She didn't have to do that! I looked around and saw that everyone had tears in their eyes, even Laxus and Cobra. We all cared for her deeply.

Loke POV

Something was wrong, our contract to Lucy wasn't severed. She must still be alive! I put my hand on the neck and started to feel for a pulse. The others looked at me in confusion as I started smiling while crying tears of joy "What's wrong with you lion cub?" Bixslow asked me and I smiled at him "She has a pulse. It's very faint, but it's there." I said and turned to Wendy "Wendy, start healing her," I said and she nodded. Lucy started having more color on her skin and she looked healthier. 

Suddenly though, crystals started forming around Lucy. I pushed everyone back so they wouldn't be affected too "What's happening to her?" Laxus yelled as he tried to get past me. "This world is storing her body until she is fully healed, until then she will be sealed like this." Everyone sighed in relief that they didn't lose a family member. We all went back home and put Lucy's body somewhere where we can all go to see her but she would also be safe from danger.

Lucy POV

I opened my eyes again and saw that it was all black. I was confused. Shouldn't I be dead "Hello? Anyone?" I said looking around but not finding anything but black. Suddenly I heard a voice "Hello child," the lady said. Well, I think its a lady. "Who are you? Where am I? Am I dead?" I asked and the voice giggled "Calm down, child. Who I am is not important, you are on the brink of life and death, and no, you aren't dead. That Wendy girl saved you before you could be but now your body has been crystallized, preserving your body the way it is. You, my child, have a choice to make," a request form showed up in front of me, it read:

Help Destroy the dark forces in our world
World request: Earth
Reward: Your Life

"What happens if I refuse, you die like you were meant to in the battle with Acnologia. We would not be able to restore your body because then Acnlogia would come back as well. But if you accept this request, we would be able to gather up enough magic to restore your body without Aconologia coming back," the lady finished and I thought about what she said. I could either finally rest in peace and be done with fighting or I could help another world with their dark forces and come back to my family. Well I know my choice whether I could come back to Fairy Tail or not, I would never leave someone in need alone. "I accept. So what can you tell me about my mission?" I asked and the lady responded "You are going to a world called Earth where the non-magicals are called muggles and the magical ones are wizards and witches. There are the muggle-born wizards who are born by no magical parent, normally called mud-bloods by the purebloods because supposedly they are no different than mud. Then there are the half-bloods who are born with one magical parent. A child born of one muggle and one witch/wizard but has no magical drop in his/her body is considered a squib. Now, the pure-bloods are those who are born with centeries of magical blood in them. They think themselves better than all the rest. Of course, there are those pure-bloods that don't think like that but most do. Your mission is to get rid of the dark forces in this world and protect a child by the name Harry Potter." she let everything sink in before continuing.

"Harry Potter is the boy prophesized to defeat the leader of these dark forces so he must live at all costs." the lady said and I nodded. "That is all I can tell you, now you must get going and everything else you must find out on your own," "Wait, what about my keys? Will I still have them?" I asked her "Not your celestial keys but the dragon keys will find a way to you in this new world. One way or another," she finished and then a bright light surrounded me.