Ch. 6

Published on: 11/24/19

Words: 2,546

Raina POV

We were in the hallway waiting to be called inside but while waiting, Draco spoke up "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," he said with a smirk on his face. "I see you've met my sister, Raina," he nodded to the two idiots "This is Crabbe and Goyle," he said and came closer to us "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," Ron snickered. "You think my name is funny, do you? I don't need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. Must be a Weasley," I grabbed onto Draco's hands and pulled him "Watch it, Draco. You know better than to pick a fight," he backed off and looked at Harry again "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort," he said and turned to Ron again "I can help you there," he extended his hand for Harry to shake but Harry just looked at Draco and said: "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry responded as McGonagall came and tapped Draco on the shoulder. Draco went back to Crabbe and Goyle while I stayed beside Harry "Thank you for doing that. I have been dying for someone to stand up to him," I said to Harry while we walked through the cafeteria. As we reached the end of the cafeteria I saw all the teachers and a hat on a stool next to McGonagall "Before we begin, Professor Dumbledor will like to say a few words," We all looked at the man with a long white beard. "I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. First years, please note that the Drak Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds, to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you," he finished and I looked at McGonagall again "When I call your name, you will come up, I will place the Sorting Hat upon your head, and you will be sorted into your houses," I waited for the first name to come up.

"Hermione Granger," I looked at her and saw her trying to calm herself down. The hat was placed on her head and it started talking "Ah, right then...hmm...right. Ok. Gryffindor!" it yelled and the Gryffindor table started clapping. Next was Draco. The hat barely touched him before he was placed in Slytherin. Next was a red-haired girl by the name os Susan Bones. She was placed in Hufflepuff. Ron was next and he looked terrified. Once the hat was placed on his head he looked like he was about to faint when it started talking "Ha! Another Weasley! I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!" he yelled and Ron calmed down. His brothers clapped for him the loudest as he made his way to the table. Harry was next and let me tell you did he take a long time. He ended up in Gryffindor, which they clapped loudly again and even stood up. After everyone else was done I was the only one left. McGonagall reached into her robe's pocket and took out another parchment. "Raina Malfoy, you, unlike the rest, will have some of the classes differently because of your dual personality. Some classes you will have with your house and the others will be to control your duel personality so you don't end up hurting someone by accident," I nodded and went to the stool as the Sorting hat was placed on me. "Ah, another Malfoy. But unlike him, you don't believe in the things your family does. You are ok with befriending a muggle-born and even a muggle. I see that you have had many battles before. Oh and your other friend is very protective of you, she is even trying to push me out of your head," I felt my roots getting cold as she iced the hat slowly. "Well, she is succeeding. I see that there is a lot of courage in you but you are also very cunning and you can be quite mean yourself when you're angry," I looked down in embarrassment because he was right. "Better be...Slytherin!" he said and I made my way to my brother and sat next to him. I hugged him tightly as we looked at the teacher table. 

Dumbledore stood up and said "Let the feast begin," he said and food appeared on the table. I was surprised to see the amount of food around me. I put meat and curry on my plate as I began to eat. I wasn't eating in a messy way like Crabbe and Goyle nor excitedly like Draco. I ate like I was taught in the Heartfilia mansion when I lived there. I suddenly saw Sir Nicholas come up from the Gryffindor table. Soon after the Bloody Barron also showed up.