Ch. 19

Published on: 1/23/20

Above is Lucas this year.

Words: 2,647

Raina POV

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that I was in the Gryffindor common room. I sat up and noticed Harry next to me. I shook him as he woke up "Harry, wake up," I said and he rubbed his eyes "Hey, Raina. You ok?" he asked and I nodded "I'll go to my dorm to get ready for today," I said and he nodded and went back to his dorm. I took the secret passage to my dorm and left.

Once at my dorm, I showered, changed and fed my animals. After that, I grabbed my books for today and left my dorm the same way I came in except I made a different turn and ended up in a corridor close to the cafeteria. I went in and had breakfast at the Gryffindor table since I wasn't planning on eating with Slytherin after what happened last night. I breakfast I went to potions since I had a free period for my first class. I assisted him in helping the first years learn different uses for different ingredients. After that, I went to all my regular classes. I went to practice as usual. After classes, I helped Hagrid with the magical creatures of the forest and even had a chat with a few centaurs. I went back to the great hall when it came to dinnertime and this time I sat at the Slytherin table. I sat at the very end where no one was so I wouldn't be bothered by them. As everyone sat down for dinner, Dumbledore stood up and we all looked at him.

"I have been informed of a problem that last night in the Slytherin common room. By a vote of the Head Teachers, Raina Malfoy will be sorted into a different house tonight. Miss Raina, please come forward," I stood up and walked to the front of the teacher's table. "Professor, I must ask, am I being sorted into a different house by order or by choice?" I asked and he answered with a question of his own "Why do ask?" "If it's a choice then I would like to stay in Slytherin because what happened last night was a conflict I can deal with on my own. I've never run from my problems and I won't start now," I answered while looking straight at my teachers. They looked shocked and I knew all the students did too.

DUmbledore nodded and said "Then, I guess, it is an order," he said as I looked at him with defiance. I sighed and went up to the sorting hat. I turned and looked at my classmates as McGonagall placed the hat on my head again. "Back again, I see. When you have shown so much courage these last two years. And you weren't lying when you said you don't run from your problems. I see that you have made many friends but none from your own house. I see that you are loyal to your friends and your mind has grown as well. Your cunningness still stands out and the fear you can inflict on people is nothing short of extraordinary. You do have many ambitions and are not afraid to pursue them. You have morals and limits to how far you go when you want something but you have no limits when it comes to saving a friend." I smiled as I let him check my past life memories. "Better be...GRYFFINDOR!" he yelled and I smiled. All of Gryffindor claps and stands up. I go up to Harry and hug him. I hugged all my friends in Gryffindor as they congratulated me. I turned around to look at Draco and saw that he was extremely angry. I saw Lucas also angry but he was glaring at the person next to me. Next to me was Harry, so I assumed he was angry because I was sorted into his house. I shrugged it off and we ate dinner.

~One Month Later~

It was Christmas time and everyone was heading to their homes. Mom and dad have heard about what happened with Draco and me by now. Mom sent me a letter saying that she wasn't mad at for being how I am and that father will talk to Draco about hitting me. Since I had moved houses, I no longer played quidditch. I kept my broom since it was mine but I left the one dad sent for the new beater. I still practiced on my own so I wouldn't get rusty and I still went to Snape for my free periods. I have taken points off of Slytherin many times by now for rule-breaking but I didn't care. I didn't take many before because I would scold them and they feared me but now, I just took them and left them alone. Lucas and I have been getting along, he apologized for not being there to help me when Draco slapped me and I forgave him. The people who put in requests for me to make the clothes have already picked up their clothes and paid me for them.