Ch. 33

Published on: 5/21/20

Words: 2,353

Raina POV

It was the night before the third task and Jr. was in the Great Hall right now. Before I left the common room, I made a clone to go into his office and get the real one out. I was going to the Great Hall to keep her posted and to eat. I knew Crouch Jr. hadn't finished making his polyjuice potion yet since I kept tabs on it, so I was still in time to save the real Mad-eye.

By the time dinner ended, my clone had found and released the real Moody and took him to our secret hideout. I haven't gone in there since my second year but it was still there and I also still knew how to get in. She left everything the way it was, besides the polyjuice potion. She put some ingredients in there that I gave her so the potion would turn him into a sloth if he drank it. I smirked as I saw my clone in my room smiling. She disappeared and I took my secret passage to the corridor that leads to Snape'soffice. There was a secret passage there that leads to the Chamber of Secrets. After Harry killed the snake that year and defeated Tom, I revived the snake and became her friend. She showed me Salazar's office behind the head statue and, in there, was a portrait of him. He isn't as bad as people said and he seemed mad when I told him what his many times' great-grandson was doing. I kept a clone in there ever since for his help and extended it so she could change and shower as well as eat. She didn't seem to mind so I was fine with it.

When I got there, I found Mad-eye there eating. "Moody, good to see you," I said and he looked at me. "How did you know?" he asked me. "I recognized Crouch Jr's scent and knew that he wasn't you. And since he needed a polyjuice potion, he had to keep you close so when he was in the Great Hall today, I had a clone go and get you. You are safe here until I can unmask that son of a bitch," I said and he smiled. I had learned most of my swear words from him so he was proud when I used them. We talked for a while and then I left, leaving him with a clone.

When I got back to my dorm, I was happy that Jr. could no longer hide from us for long. I slept peacefully knowing that my mission was going well. I just wish I could do something to speed this mission up. I would like to be home in Fairy Tail. I miss my friends and my home. My life from there. I miss going on missions with Natsu and Gray and Erza. I missed my celestial spirits. I wish I was with them right now. I wish I could tell them how I am and what I'm doing and that they shouldn't worry about me so much. Even if it has been seven years by now for them.

The next day, it was time for the final task. We were to go into a maze, find the cup, and it would transport us back to the castle. Harry and I were going in first since we won first and second place. Krum will follow and Fleur after him. We were to shoot red sparks to forfeit. 

The whole school came to watch us. I was nervous but I knew I could get through this. Just how I got through the floating maze in the GMG. I stood at my entrance by my father. Jr. was next to Harry, Karkaroff by Krum, and Maxime by Fleur. I looked at my father and he looked at me with fear in his eyes. He lost me once but I'm still alive. If I die in this maze, he will lose me forever and I know he can't stand that. "Be careful, Raina. And remember that everything I did in the past was to protect our family," I scoffed and shook my head "Bribing your coworkers to get what you want is not protecting us. It's showing your dominance over other people's life. I'm not like Draco, who is fine using your name to get what I want. I get what I want my way and with no name to defend me," I said and looked at my entrance. My father hugged me and kissed my head like he used to do before leaving for work when I was younger. I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I didn't let them fall. The cannon went off and I went in the maze.

The entrance closed behind me and I moved forward. I turned into a lion and started moving around looking for the middle. After about an hour, I hear a scream and knew that it was Fleur. I turned into my human form and continued to move. I avoided most passways since they would quickly close up. I saw red sparks go up in the air and knew it was Harry. I went to where he was. I saw Krum there with his wand pointed at him. "Get down!" I said and moved to the floor. Harry did the same. I shot Krum with Expelliarmus and he fell to the ground. I ran up to him and kicked his wand away. I was so ecstatic that I was ready to hex him again. Harry ran up to me and held my arms down. "No, don't! Stop! He's bewitched, Raina!" he yelled at me. My emotions were still on the fritz so I pushed him away and ran to the clearing Harry was in. He and I fought to be the ones to the goblet. Pushing and pulling on each other. The path began to close so we both raced to the goblet. I tripped on a trip and it was pulling me in. "Harry!" I yelled as I tried to get them off me. My ice didn't work on them. He turned to me and it seemed he was debating it. "Harry!" I yelled again as the twigs got a hold of both my arms and legs.  He shot a spell at the twigs just in time and helped me up. I grabbed my wand and hugged him. "For a moment, I thought you were gonna let it get me," I said as he hugged me back. "For a moment, so did I," he said and we pulled apart. We started running again since the wind was picking up which meant that the path was going to close soon.