Chapter 26

Day Of The Operation...

Edward P.O.V

It's a clear morning of a June, the temperature is warm, the sun shines at the highest part of the sky, barely any clouds which is not normal here in Forks.

Today is the big operation. Today is the day where Bella could gain her eye sight back after almost seven years without being able to see the sun, the moon, the stars. I couldn't be more excited for her.

"Ready?" Carlisle knocks on my door. He's giving me a ride to the hospital where we agreed we'll meet Bella and her parents before the operation starts in an hour.

"Yeah," I say, opening the door.

"Tell her I said good luck and that I'll visit her when it's over." Mom tells me.

"Me too," Alice says.

"Me three, and give her a hug from me," Emmett says. I've never seen him this serious, finally something he doesn't take as a joke. I thank him for that, I don't really want to take his jokes on a day as important like today.

"Okay," I say. "Bye!"

I jog out to my dad's car where he waits for me. Once I hop in, he drives to the hospital that's approximately ten minutes from here.

"Son, have you and Bella talked about the possibility of the operation not working?" He asks not taking his eyes off the road.

"Yes, we talked about it two nights ago after..." I skip that part. I'm not actually ready, or comfortable telling my dad about my intimate life with Bella. "We agreed that if it doesn't work, we'll get through it together. And, we'll try again once I get back from Chicago."

He slightly nods, "better to be prepared," he says.

I nod, too. Renee told me that she was afraid that Bella could have a break down if the operation doesn't work, I have to admit I'm afraid of that too. But, she's strong, I know she'll get through it, of course with my support, her friends and her family.

Dad parks in his parking spot in the parking lot and we head inside. I didn't need to ask what room was she being held in, Renee texted me saying it was room 217.

I walk in, Carlisle behind me. She lays there with her parents on each side, taking her hand. She's wearing a white gown, her beautiful hair is down over her shoulders, a bit messy. She looks paler than normal, her breathing is a bit fast, I can see.

"Edward?" She tilts her head to a side.

"Yeah, I'm here," I walk to her. Renee gets up and let's me sit by her. I nod to her in 'thank you,' and take Bella's hand. "Carlisle's here also."

"Hi," she says.

"Hello, sweety," he touches her forehead.

I gently rub her hand that's really cold. She shaking, a bit sweaty, still breathing fast.

"I'm scared," her voice shivers.

I pull her hair behind her ear, stroke her cheek and kiss her hand.

"There's nothing to be afraid of," I say, calmly. "It'll be over when you least expect it, I'll be here when you wake up."

She tightens her grip to my hand.

"Try to control your breath breathing, sweety," Renee says.

"I'm trying," she whispers closing her eyes and breathing in slowly, and exhaling out. She repeats the process a few times until she stops shaking a little.

"Bella," Dr. Hernandez comes in, nurses come in behind him with a bed. "It's time."

She nods.

"Now, I get your nervous, but it'll be over soon, you'll see." He smiles. "I'm going to need you to exit the room, we have to get her ready for the operation."

Her parents kiss her head and tell her how much they love her. Carlisle kisses her forehead and tells her what Esme, Alice and Emmett said. At the end it's just her and me.

"I love you," I kiss her lips gently, "I'll be here when you wake up. You'll see it'll be over soon."

"I love you, too, Edward."

I kiss her forehead and head out of the room. We walk to the waiting room, in silence.

"I'll go to the chapel," Renee says.

"I'm going to the cafeteria," Charlie says.

"I'll go with you," dad tells him. "Edward?"

"I'll stay here," I say sitting down.

They head out and I just sit there waiting. Moments later they come out with her on a bed, still awake, breathing softly. Dr. Hernandez whispers to her that everything will be okay, that she'll be fine.

They cross the doors and she's gone.

"You'll be okay," I smile looking at the door she went through.

Bella P.O.V

I lay there, in the operating room, on the hard surface bed, feeling everyone around me. Some nurses moving around, some connecting me to machines, some whispering something to Dr. Hernandez and the other doctors in the room. I can her metal things being moved around, placed somewhere. I also can hear that annoying 'beep' really fast, my heart feels like it's about to jump out of my chest.

"Okay, Bella," Dr. Hernandez says, "we'll going to apply you the anesthesia, now. Everything is going to be just fine."

"Okay," I breath.

My head is lifted and the oxygen mask is placed over my nose and mouth. I sigh, this thing has a really funky smell.

I have to remind myself that Edward is in the waiting room, waiting for me. That after this is over, I'll be a complete women for him. That after this we can have a future together, bright future. I need to have faith in this, I need to believe in this operation.

My heart beat starts to slow down until is hits a normal rate. I start to listen to the 'beep' that by every second that passes seems to be more faint and far away. My eyes start feeling heavy, my head starts to drift away by some kind of dream.

Edward is outside waiting for me. I know he is waiting for me, I have faith in that.

"Night, Love," I breath once last time before being taken away by the sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY @DemonaPattison!!! HERE'S THE CHAPTER DEDICATED TO YOU!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY AND I SEND YOU A REALLY BIG HUG!!! I HOPE YOU LIKED YOUR CHAPTER!!

THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR THE AMAZING SUPPORT!!

NOTE: THERE'S GOING TO BE A MARATHON ON NOT WILLING TO LOVE AGAIN TODAY!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

November 4, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324