Chapter 23

Edward P.O.V

Her face was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes the next morning. Her hair slightly covered her face, her lips slightly opened, her eyes softly closed. Her skin shines under the light of the sun.

I smile running my hand down her bare back. Her legs are tangled up with mine, one of them almost on top of my hip. Her arms are around my neck, her face on my chest. My arms around her waist, bringing her tighter to me.

I lay there looking at her sleep. I love doing this.

"Edward..." she whispers in her sleep... "are you staring at me?" Or not.

"How did you know?" I ask. "Aren't you suppose to be asleep?"

"I woke up half an hour ago," she whispers.

"Oh."

She giggles. "I just didn't want to move because I love this," she cuddles closer to me.

"Me too," I smile.

We lay there for a few minutes, not saying anything, it just me and her laying there. It was just peace and quiet having her between my arms, her laying her head on my chest, and to only think that we have a few months together before I head to collage.

I turn a look at her, my fingers play with her soft hair, her eyes staring off at space, her fingers running through my chest, what would I do without her when I'm gone? She's turn to the center of my universe, what would happen when she's just thousand miles away from me?

She'll be okay, a voice in my head say. She's going to be here with her parents, hopefully with my parents and Alice. She's going to be fine.

Alice is going through the same, Jasper is going with me and Emmett to Chicago. Rose is going through the same, we're all being separated. Alice is going to work at a fashion store down town, Rose will be an assistant at her dad's office, but, what about Bella?

Today was a pretty calm day, we all hanged out at my placed. Emmett ordered pizza, BBQ chicken wings, and sodas, Alice got some movies and Jasper brought some board games. Bella watched the movie, she says that what matters is what the characters are saying and the feelings they express, not what they are doing on the screen.

Everyone here seem to be spending as much time together as they can, soon we'll all take separate ways, head to our own future away from those who we all love.

I just wish it doesn't have to be this way.

Bella P.O.V

Edward dropped me off that night after we all spent the entire day eating pizza, BBQ chicken wings etc. I had fun, tried too because in two months he'll go away and I don't know when is he coming back.

"I love you," he says at the step of my door.

"I love you, too."

His hand slowly brushes my hair softly and he places a kiss on my cheek, then my lips. I hear the bell of my house and Mom opened the door.

"Hey, guys," she says. "Had fun?"

I nod.

"Good night, Edward," I say.

"Night."

The door closes.

"You okay, honey?" Mom asks me.

"I'm fine," I lie.

Her hand is slowly placed on my cheek. I really need my Mom right now.

"You seem sad," she whispers, "did you two fight?"

I shake my head. "No. We are perfect."

"Then what is it?"

I sigh. "He's going to Chicago, heading to collage for a long, long, long, long, time."

She starts guiding me up the stairs and in my room.

"You're sad because of that?" She asks sitting on my bed beside me.

"Isn't it obvious," I chuckle. "What do you feel when the love of your entire life is leaving? I know, it's his future and I don't want to be something that stops him from making his dream come true but..."

I can't even say what I'm thinking right now. I know I can tell my mom of what I am really scared of: long distance relationship, him falling for someone else... That terrifies me.

"Mom, I've read books, heard from movies... Long distance relationships don't work, they just don't. They Skype, text message but, what's the whole point, huh? What's the point of dating someone who's never here?"

"So, what are you going to do?" Mom asks in a low tone.

I sigh, I've thought of this, this morning when is woke up feeling his arms around me.

"I'm going to be with him these two months, I'm going to try to spend every second I can trying to be happy with him, but when the time comes and he has to leave... I'll give him his freedom from our relationship."

"You're going to break up with him?"

"No, I'm talking to him and letting him know that he doesn't have to worry what is going to happen to me when he's gone, tell him to go off and have an experience. We'll see what happens if he comes back."

"Bella, are you sure you want to do that? Honey, I don't want you to get hurt," she hugs me. I close my eyes and hug her back.

"It'll hurt like hell knowing he's leaving at the time, Mom," I sob. "But is worth it, he deserves something better than being tied up to me."

"Bella-"

"No, Mom, is for the best. For him... and for me," I say wiping my tears away.

"Okay, honey," she says kissing my forehead. "Is your choice and I hope you don't end up hurt."

This is for the better, maybe not for me, but for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 25, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324