Chapter 5

Edward P.O.V

Dad drove us to the restaurant Sweet Tomatoes. Alice wouldn't shut up talking about fashion, clothes and I don't know what other things she talking about with Bella. I loved that she would sit there, holding her stick, tilting her head towards Alice and listened to her with a wide smile. She didn't seem annoyed at all. Emmett would, once in a while, poke her shoulder or pinch her cheek. I would just hold her hand.

Once we got to Sweet Tomatoes I helped her choose what she wanted on her salad, telling her what there was and she would pick. I hated the pity looks people would give her or me, I would just growl at them. I know childish.

"So, Bella, tell us about yourself," Esme says when we sat down at our table.

"Um, there isn't much to know about me," she chuckled. "I love classic music as well as I love rock. Um, I also do love reading."

"How can you read?" Emmett asks. "I'm not trying to be rude or anything."

Bella chuckles again. "No, it doesn't offend me. There's a method created... I think it was a french guy. The letters are formed by raised dots on a thick peace of paper, so I just have to run my hand along the paper to read. It's hard at first but you can get a hand of it."

Emmett smiles. "Well, I'm so glad you can't see Edward, I mean poor us, we have to see his face every day."

Bella laughs. "Well, I guess Edward is handsome."

"Ha, he don't you that!" Emmett laughs.

"I actually took the liberty to take a watch on my own."

He frowns. "How?"

"She used her touch to figure it out," I say.

"Wanna try?" Bella asks.

I don't know if I like the idea...

Emmett gets up and kneels beside her. I try to hold back when I see her lay her hands on his chest. They start rising to his face.

"So... I know you're buff," she says, raising her hands. "Squared jaw like Edward... small nose... high cheek bones... curled eyelashes... short hair." She puts her hands down. "What are your eye and hair color?"

"Hazel and black."

"Not so bad looking, huh," she smiles.

Emmett chuckles and kisses his forehead. I still try to hold back from taking her away from him.

"So, how did you guys meet?" Bella asks my parents.

"Well, I was, what you guys you call a nerd now. Messy hair, odd clothing, big round glasses," Carlisle says. "Esme was the popular, captin of the cheerleader squad. Of course, I had a crush on her and no chance of her actually paying attention to me."

"One day," Esme continues, "I almost got ran over by a car and he saved me. That's when I noticed those amazing green eyes."

And they kissed.

"Ew!" Emmett and Alice whine.

"You're lucky you can't see this," Alice says.

Bella and I laugh.

~~~~~ Half An Hour Later ~~~~~

"Bella, I have a question," Carlisle says.

"Yeah?"

"How did you end up blind?"

"Um, I was in a car accident and my eyes got scratched by glass that got in my eyes," Bella explains.

"Is there a possibility for operation?" He asks.

"There is, but my family don't have the enough money."

Esme looks down.

"But I'm okay, I'm kind of used to it."

This is what I think is remarkable from her, that she is not letting her condition affect her or pull her down. She stands up straight ahead and keeps looking ahead to her future.

"Edward?" Carlisle leans over and whispers to me while the girls talk. "You are not planning on paying with this girl are you?"

"No, of course not. You raised me better than that," I say.

"You better not, bro," Emmett says. "This girl is something pretty damn special."

Yeah she is.

"What are you guys talking about?" Alice asks us.

"Girls." Emmett winks an eye at her.

Bella tenses a little and tightens her grip around her stick.

"Are you now?" Alice makes a face like she gets it.

"You know like Megan Fox or Kristen Stewart."

Bella now breaths less tense.

"Whatever. I'll tell Bella about Robert Pattison, he's way more hotter than you two together."

I laugh.

"Who's this Pattison guy?" Bella asks more interested.

"Oh, trust me he's so hot!"

"Hm, I bet."