Chapter 3

Bella P.O.V

After we had our ice cream Edward helped me back home thanks to Daisy.

When we get there I finally let go of his arm.

"Thanks for the ice cream," I say.

"I really hope we can hang out," he says.

"Of course we can, silly, come here whenever you want and we'll see what we can do."

"Okay." Suddenly I feel his lips against my cheek.

I jump a little and then I blush.

"Bye." I say.

"Bye, Bella. Bye, Daisy."

Then he's gone.

Edward P.O.V

I ran back home and when I went inside everyone seems surprised.

"Look who's in a good mood," mom says.

"Hello, beautiful mother." I kiss her cheek. Alice comes down the stairs and I hug her and kiss her forehead. "Hello, beautiful sister." Then I see Emmett. "Hey, hideous brother."

"What the hell is wrong with him now?" I hear Alice ask as I run upstairs.

"I don't know."

"I bet she met a girl," Alice says.

"Ha, she must be blind!" Emmett laughs.

Oh, Emmett, my brother if he knew.

I laid in bed watching my ceiling. She was so adorable, so nice, so beautiful. Her smile was one of the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I see my piano, I haven't written a song in a long time. But right now I feel inspired.

I touch the keys and slowly a song comes up to my mind. So I start to write it down. After a while Esme comes in and I'm done with it.

"It's been a while." She says.

"I feel inspired," I say with a smile, "met someone special."

"Really?" She sits next to me. "Who?"

"Her name is Bella. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. She's nice, adorable... But there's just one thing."

"Well if she has a boyfriend..."

"It's something else, mom, I'll tell you later. The movie was suppose to start at six"

"Okay." She nods.

Bella P.O.V

"So what did you do? You took a while to come back." Dad says while we have dinner.

"Went for a ice cream with a friend I met today."

"What friend?" Mom asks.

"His name is Edward Cullen. We bumped into each other when I was walking. He was really sweet and took me for a ice cream. I think he's my age."

"Cullen? He must be one of doctor Cullen's kids."

"Who is Dr. Cullen?" I ask.

"He's the most important doctor here at Forks. We're lucky his wife and kids want to stay in this small town instead of the big city they're offering him."

That's interesting.

"What did he tell you?" Mom asks.

"He asked things about me and asked if we could be friends. I think he's just feeling pity because of my blind condition."

"Why would you say that?!" Dad says.

"Why would you be friends with someone who can't even see you? I mean is ridiculous."

They stay quiet for a few seconds and mom sniffs and he sighs. I know what this means; it means they can't accept the fact that now I see the world differently.

"The fact about you being blind doesn't mean people are going to push you away." Mom sniffs.

"It's my way of thinking," I murmur, and I will be grateful if you accept the way I see things now."

"It doesn't mean you have to push the people away," dad says.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Six."

"Sunset is near I'm going outside." I get up and pull Daisy's leash. She leads me outside. She knows the places I only go so its easy.

I sit in the grass again and stare off in space. Feeling the warmth of the sunset against my face. This is nice. The birds are singing and the aire blows my hair.

I get my glasses mom gave me a while ago and put them on. They are suppose to be dark glasses so the sun won't damage my eyes and for me so people won't notice that I'm staring at nothing. I try to put them on, poking two times my face until I put them on right.

I remember how hard was when I was little. Every morning I was expecting to see light and I saw nothing.

When I don't feel the warmth of the sun anymore I pull Daisy's leash and we walk inside. Mom helps me up the stairs and to get my PJs out. When I'm finish changing I lay in bed.

That was the first night I dreamt of Edward Cullen's voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: August 12, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324