Chapter 17

Edward P.O.V

We needed to talk, so we did. We sat next to each other on her bed, with our hands together. Shoulder to shoulder, her head left leg against mine.

We sat there for the past two hours or so talking about the past two weeks. She didn't seem to have a fun time either, and, I hate Tanya even more because of what she did to her.

"If Emmett and Rosalie didn't tell me what that bitch made you think, then right now we'll be in our rooms depressed, don't you think?" I say playing with her fingers.

"I have to say that I'd believed her because part of it was true." She says staring off at space.

"What part?"

"The part where I'll never see you or anything again."

What the fuck?!

"She told you that?"

Bella nods.

"I can't believe her," I growl. "She has no right to speak-not even being near you... I..." I growl.

"Edward, she didn't say nothing that wasn't true about my condition." Bella says touching my arm, but looking away. "If we're going to try to be together, then we both have to face the fact that... I'm not going to be able to see again."

"What are you talking about? Bella, I'm still in with paying the operation." I say.

"I'm not letting you do that."

"Yes, yes you are. Okay, here's the thing: I don't want to pay this just because I want you to see. But, because there's this beautiful world around I want you to see and enjoy. Of course with me."

"Edward I want to see, but, I'm not letting you pay for my operation."

"C'mon Bella, please!" I beg.

She smiles.

"I'll think about it," she says.

Renee walks in.

"Okay... You guys' alone time is over. You yelled, made out - I guess -,"

"Mom!" Bella blushes.

"Hey, I could hear your yells from downstairs and the sudden quiet pause is a clear sign that you made out."

"Oh God," Bella laughs.

"And you guys talked. Is time for dinner." She says, "you're joining us, Edward?"

"Um, sure if there's no problem," I smile.

"Of course, I would love to have dinner with my daughter's boyfriend." She smiles.

"Not funny, Mom," Bella growls.

"What he hasn't asked you, yet?"

"Not really, Mrs. Swan," I say.

"Well you better hurry up, my daughter has a long line of guys behind her." She grins.

"Mom! That's not true."

"Where do you think those roses come from?"

"Dad."

"Mike Newton," She walks out.

Bella laughs.

"Well I think I'm going to have a little talk with this Mike Newton guy." I say.

"You aren't doing shit. Let's go, I'm hungry."

"Wait, I want to do one thing that your mom remind me of." I hold her hands.

"What?" She smiles.