Chapter 25

Bella P.O.V

The appointment for the tests were tomorrow first thing in the morning. I couldn't be more excited about this, I'm gaining my eye sight back and... I'll see Edward. Edward! He's also really excited for this operation as much as I am.

"Well, let's not start getting hopes up," Dr. Hernandez says. "There is a 85% that this might work-"

"Might?" Mom asks.

"Sometimes transplants the first time don't end up with the results we hope. Second time, is always better."

Those cold fingers once again touch my cheeks. "Don't loose hope, that's the key of life."

I slightly smile.

"Okay, then," he says, "we'll see each other tomorrow to run the tests on you."

"Thank you," I whisper.

Edward takes my hand and gives me my cane. I take it and walk out with him. One of his hand is tightly around my waist and his other hand is around and the other holding my hand guiding me out of the hospital.

"Okay," Mom says, "I'll see you at home. Bring her early, Edward, she needs to rest for tomorrow."

"Of course," I hear him grin.

"And thank you," she sobs slightly. "Thank you so much."

"You don't have to thank me, Mrs. Swan," on of his hands let's me go. "I love Bella, and I'm happy she's gaining her eye sight back."

I smile laying my head on his shoulder. I can't believe he is doing this just for me to see him, see the world, my parents... Can't he be anymore perfect? I think that when a guy does whatever to make you happy, that's a guy who's worth keeping. Not a guy who barely notices you, or just haves little of interest in what's going on in your life.

Edward, to be honest, for me he came out of the best romance story I've ever known. And he's all mine, I'm all his, that's the truth no one will ever change. Not even the fact that soon he'll be miles away.

After the appointment, Edward and I went to the meadow and spent most of the day just sitting there, his arms around me and me laying my head on his chest.

"What are you thinking?" He asked me after a while of deep, calming silence.

"Why?" I ask inhaling his sweet aroma.

"Well, if you haven't notice it's really easy for me to figure out what people think, but not you."

"Hm, so you're a mind reader?" I chuckle.

"Kind of," he kisses the top of my head and tightens his grip around me. "So?"

"Nothing," I breath, "just... The operation."

"What about the operation?"

"Well, I'll gain my eye sight back and I'm happy and eternally thankful for that, is just... You'll be gone in a few months and-" I burry my face on his chest. "-I don't want to see if your not here."

"I am going to be here, love," he says against my ear. "Remember, I'm coming back, and you and me are having whatever future we want to have."

"You promise?"

"I promise you," he says kissing my head. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

~~~~~ Next Day ~~~~~

"Ready?" Dr. Hernandez asks me once he enters the room.

We got here early in the morning, they made me change in a gown and wait in a room laying on a really uncomfortable, small bed, my head between two soft things, whatever it is, I have no idea.

"Okay, so we're going to make you a MRI just to see is there any damage in your eyes other than the outer part. I'm going to need you to be really still, okay? Don't move unless I come in."

"Okay." I nod.

He places something over my head, I can feel the cold plastic almost touching my nose.

"This is a camera, okay... Now, I'm going to be in the other room. I'm going to put earphones on you because the machine makes a lot of noise."

I nod once.

The earphones are placed on my ears, John Legend sings All Of Me once the machine starts to move slightly forward, stay still for a couple of minutes and go back out. The process was repeat like for ten minutes, or more I lost track of time.

After that the doctor came in and injected me with something and repeated the process.

After that I got changed back in my clothes and sent to another room. I seated on a chair and had to put my forehead against some plastic thing, trying to keep my eyes wide open. They did something that I can't guess what, but they did to both eyes. Then they put me to the other machine that made this wired noise and when it ended some air was blown to my eyes, making me jump.

I spent couple hours jumping from room to room, doing different types of test. By the end of it, I was exhausted.

"Okay..." Dr. Hernandez came in. "I got the results."

"And?" Edward asks patting my back.

"Everything seems fine, the possibility of her gaining her eye sight back is big."

I let out a breath of relief. Next thing I know, Edward's lips are against mine. I smile and kiss him back, then when we pull away I hug him tightly and close my eyes, just happy with the feeling of him with me and the possibility of me going to see again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 2, 2014

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324