Chapter 22

Cara's POV

It was awkward at first but Liz brought in a bottle of wine which made me think things might get better.

"Well...Its not fair the boys get to drink and we don't" She said and placed some wine with some glasses on the table in front of me.

She poured some glasses each then began to get comfy on the sofa and told me to get comfy also.

"So what made you love my son?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't really know to be honest. When I first moved in with him and the boys we kinda just got close quickly. I felt like I could trust him straight away" I said "They say when you've found the one you know. No matter what people throw at you, if they are the one then you should be able to pull through things. Me and Luke have pulled through a lot but have been strong through it all. I'm glad i've met him, he makes me very happy and is a amazing dad" I added.

"I'm glad you've found him too. I've never seen him so loved up" She smiled and my phone buzzed.

"Mind if I look at this?" I asked and she nodded.

'From Lucifer <3 x'

'Having fun out with the bro's but i'm missing you a lot:('

 Attached was a photo of him and his brothers. I smiled and put my phone down.

"Is he still alive?" Liz joked.

"Only just" I joked back.

She topped up our glasses and we drank some more.

"So do Ben and Jack live here?" I asked.

"No, they just came down so they could embarrass their brother in front of his girlfriend" She laughed.

We spent most of the nice talking and telling each other about one another. I told her the truth on my life, I didn't make out I was some perfect girl that was smart, good GSCE results, a good job. Told her that my job is good but I barely get any work due to not everyone wants a model like me. I told her that I don't come from a stable family and that Luke and I have broke up before. I thought its best that she knows. I'd rather it came from me then from a snooty person that will make things worse. She needed to know the real me and thank god, she still liked me.

"Cara, you make my son really happy. I've never seen him like this. The way he looks at you while you talk. Its like he's looking at his whole entire world." She said and I smiled.

"I never really noticed" I told her.

"And don't say I told you this but even when you had broken up he was in love with you. He was talking about you a lot. Regretting the break up. He said he only ignored you and said them mean things to change his mind. That he was over you. Luke never got over you, all the stories with him and these girls were bullshit. Ashton supposedly made them up so Luke could see it and it would help with getting over you. He never did. I'm glad he has you" She spoke honestly. I was quite shocked about it. All the times Luke said he wanted Jayde out of his life and that she should of been aborted were lies? 

"He's my little boy, I know you will look after him well" She said close to tears.

"Oh god don't cry!" I smiled and hugged her. I rubbed her back in attempt to comfort her.

"Oh look at me. Two glasses of wine and i'm crying my eyes out" She laughed.

*
*
*
Many hours later we decided to lay of the wine and have some tea. It was now about 2am and I was constantly looking at my phone. He hasn't messaged me since 10pm what if somethings happened? What if he's hurt? Maybe his phone is dead? What if he got really drunk forgot he had a girlfriend at his mums house and hooked up with a girl? Oh god Cara shut up.