Chapter 15

Lukes POV

I was asleep with Jayde on my chest when my phone rang, I looked to see it was a unknown number. I debated answering it in case it was a scam or something but since it may of been important i decided to answer it.

"Hello?" I spoke trying to wake myself up.

"Hello, is this Mr.Hemmings?" A women that sounded posh asked.

"Yes, why? Who is this?" I said into the phone trying to stay quiet as Jayde was slowly waking up.

"This is Cara's nurse, we need you to come down to the ward as soon as you can" She sounded serious.

I scooped Jayde into my arms and heard people moving around so i'm hoping they don't mind babysitting for an hour or two.

I laid Jayde on the bed, covered her in a quilt and gave her frog teddy to her. She looked so peaceful laying there.

I walked into the living room and everyone was awake.

"Are you guys alright with babysitting? I need to go to the hospital" I said and they all groaned "Guys i can't exactly take a baby to a hospital where her mum is going to be hooked up to machines" I groaned.

"What are we meant to do with her all day?" Michael asked.

"Play with her? Make sure she has lunch which is in the fridge and make sure she has her nappy changed! Her nappy's are in the bag!" I told them and they all looked at me as if i was speaking a foreign language.

"Just make sure she eats. I'll be back in a few hours" I sighed. I don't know how Jayde is going to act while the boys look after her. Lets just hope i come home and everyone is calm and not pulling their hair out in frustration that Jayde has done something bad or been to hyper all day.

*
*
*
The taxi pulled up at the hospital and i walked straight in. I noticed that it ws 10am so it must be important if they are calling me in at this time. I mean of course i don't mind because i get to see my girl but worried that it may be something really bad.

The man at the desk told me that she was only down the corridor which is great because the elevators that were on the floor i was on were out of order and i cannot be asked to be climbing up stairs.

When i reached the top there was four nurses talking so i interrupted them to ask what i need to do and why i was called in.

"Hello, I was called earlier and told to come in" They looked at me strange "A nurse called me and said i was to come in-" Someone interupted me stopping me from finishing my sentence.

"That was me sir, please come through" She gave me a warm smile and led me to her office.

I took a seat at one of the small chairs near the desk and waited for her to start talking.

"We've had a bit of bad news" She spoke clearly looking me dead in the eye. My heart sunk at the thoughts that were swarming through my head.

"W-whats happened?" I said with a shake in my tone.

"Cara has been rushed to theatre. A blood clots was found inside her which soon turned into internal bleeding. She is facing upto 3hours of theatre" She sighed and i was trying to hold myself together.

"Is she going to make it? Please make her pull through she has a 1 year old daughter that will need her mum. I need her. Please help her pull through" I couldn't hold it in. I began to cry, she handed me the tissue box and i wipped my eyes.

"She's in safe hands sir, i can't promise anything more. Please go home and bring some of her stuff in as she will be staying here for a few nights" She said and i nodded.