Princess of Thieves Part 2

BANG BANG

Loud thunderous noises was all Merida heard the next morning. She looked up groggily and saw a blonde girl her age banging on some pots and pans.

"Wake up sunshine time to get to work!" The girl yelled.

"Who are you? And will you stop that annoying racket it's barely even dawn." Merida complained and hid under her blanket.

"I am Astrid your supervisor and worse nightmare. Now let's get going you have a lot of dragon poop to shovel and we want it gone before the sun comes out." Astrid yelled.

"I thought I was only cleaning at night!" Merida asked angrily.

"Well we lied now let's get up!"

Merida got up slowly and was ushered outside by Astrid. Merida began shoveling as Astrid watched her. After about half an hour Astrid had gotten bored of the new prisoner.

"You're kind of boring you know that?" Astrid said.

"I'm sorry I don't follow your interests but as you can see I'm shoveling dragon crap." Merida retorted.

"Yeah well Hiccup kind of made you sound interesting. I mean you are known as the Princess of Thieves! How cool is that? But now I feel like I have gotten my hopes to high." She said.

"I would tell you robbery stories but I don't think that would help my sentence." Merida replied sticking her shovel into the ground. She began stretching out her back and arms.

"Oh please tell me. I promise I won't tell Hiccup." Astrid said.

"Why should I trust you?"

Astrid wasn't sure how to answer the question at first. But the answer popped into her mind like a bubble.

"Because you hit my friend with a rock and I haven't tried to kill you yet." She replied.

Merida was surprised to hear the answer. It was true she had assaulted him. She could tell this girl was loyal to Hiccup. She wondered if they were more than friends or at least if they wanted to be. Nah seeing Astrid was very direct, if she wanted to be more she would've told him.

"Actually it was a medallion." She replied.

"Still does the damage." Astrid retorted

"I'll tell you if you shovel the rest of this," Merida challenged her.

"You wouldn't be learning character then." She replied. "I'll just hear them from Hiccup when he comes here for his shift."

"What makes you think I'll tell him?" Merida asked picking up the shovel and going back to work.

"Because everyone tells Hiccup everything. Just look at him he has one of those trustworthy looking faces. Plus he won't tell his father, he's pretty good at keeping secrets well except to me. I usually know what he is hiding before he even thinks of hiding it. I'm the one who discovered he had Toothless. Nothing gets passed me." She said

"Are you two an item if you don't mind me asking."

"Why you interested?"

Merida made a face "Of course not."

"I wouldn't be surprised. Remember nothing passes by me but anyway to answer your question....No his father wishes. Hiccup and I are just too good of friends. He's also too nice. A lot nicer than I am." Astrid said.

"Fair enough." Merida said. Shoveling the last part of the mess. "There all done."

"Perfect I'll escort you back to your cell and feed the dragons and I'll call you back in about three hours."