The Princess of Thieves part 1

Saw this AU on tumblr and I had to write something lol.

The thief ran through the village of Berk holding the stolen trinket. It was just a medallion it would feed her for at least two weeks. No one was going to buy it, it had laid there on the merchant's table for a week. A week she had waited to finally strike. Unfortunately, it turns out the island's chief to be had seen her. She had been so careful! Apparently not careful enough since she was now running away from him and his pet dragon.

Hiccup had gained on her and pushed her down to the ground. Her hood fell off revealing her bright curls and blue eyes.

"You're a girl?"

"Please let me go, I need this for food." She pleaded.

"Stealing will get you---hey!" He yelled as the girl hit him with the medallion making him fall over. She took his sword and looked at him for a moment but went back to her senses and started running.

A few days past and they still hadn't caught the thief. Hiccup watched the clouds slowly drift in the horizon. He was on his favorite cliff that showed the other parts of the world bigger than Berk. His trusty friend Toothless sat beside him playing with a little dandelion he had found. He heard the flapping of wings coming from above him. He looked up to see his best friend Astrid flying down to him on Stormfly.

"I would think you would be still playing in the games at this time Astrid." Hiccup said

"You would be right except I beat my new record the game last twenty minutes." She said.

""Wow soon you're time will be in the single digits."

"I wouldn't go that far those sheep are a lot to handle." She joked.

"I have news for you." She said

"What's that?"

"We caught that thief of yours."

Hiccup wasn't surprised with dragons they had the advantage but what he was surprised about was how long it took them to find her.

"Oh really?"

"Yes and she's pretty dangerous nothing I couldn't handle but she used to be a princess."

"A princess? That's a thief? She couldn't be that dangerous."

"I just want you to be careful." She said.

Hiccup went to her jail cell that afternoon.

She was sitting down in her pole of hay rubbing her hands together it was November so Berk was beginning to grow cold.

"Hello." He said.

She looked up and saw Hiccup. "Well I must be an honored guest to get a welcome from the chief to be."

"I just came in here to see how you're doing and why I don't know you hit me with a medallion?"

"I told you I needed it for food and I knew you wouldn't let me go."

"I might've if you didn't hit me! I could've given you some food."

"The chief is generous, how nauseating."

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine." He said.

"If I was maybe I could get some damn heat in here."

"Well my apologies princess."

"Don't call me that!" she said angrily standing up in her cell.

Hiccup looked bemused at the redhead. He didn't mean to upset her but he couldn't help but admit to have a little pride for possessing the ability to get under her skin.

"Sorry, but I don't know your name." He replied leaning against the wall.

"Why do you care?" She asked

"Because I want to know the name of the girl who could've killed me but didn't."

"My name's Merida."

"Ahh I believe that's of Scotland. Well you're a long way from home. How did you get here?"

"I don't have to tell you anything. Viking" She replied and turned her back to him.

"Now you're just being difficult. I'll come back when you're in a better mood." He walked over to the supplies he had brought in and placed a wool blanket though the cell. "By the way my name is Hiccup." And with that he left.

He came back the next day with food and water. She was sitting near the bars, the blanket he had given her was wrapped around her shoulders. She looked at him with confusion.

"Why are you being nice to me?" She asked.

"I don't know maybe because I'm a nice person." He replied handing her the bread and water.

"I've been sentenced to die haven't I? That's why you're being nice to me. You feel guilty." She said.

"No actually I requested you not to be killed." He replied.

"Why? I assaulted the chief's son, isn't that capital punishment?"

"It's capital punishment if you tried to kill me which I know you didn't because you took my sword and didn't use it on me when you had the chance." He said.

"Maybe I should've your kindness and reasoning is starting to annoy me, almost makes me feel guilty. Not quite but almost." She took a bite of her bread and gulped her water.

"You're very outspoken you know that?" Hiccup replied.

"I've been called much worse." She shrugged. "So why are you keeping me alive? Are you going to make me your slave or something? If so you might as well kill me now."

"No you won't be my slave or anyone else's slave but you will be punished. You are to clean the dragon stalls."

"Where's the chopping block"She said dryly.

"That can be arranged." Hiccup said sternly.

She decided to hold her tongue, she realized this man had saved her life, she should give him a little respect. Not a lot, but at least a little.

"Anyway you will be cleaning the dragon stalls at night. I will be there to supervise and when I'm not available Astrid will be here to supervise you in case you feel like running away again. By the way our dragons will be just out side in case you think you can take me down, which is likely." He said "You'll start tomorrow early."

"Hiccup?" she asked.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For not killing me when you had the chance." She said.

"Let's just say the favor has been repaid. Goodnight," He said and again he left.

Authors note: this Drabble was literally going on about four pages so I am splitting it into parts! Part 2 will be posted tomorrow and I will try to get the Jelsa one up I'm having some writer's block with that one sorry! Hope you like the first part of this Drabble though!