Thank You

THANKS TO KAHYCEEBOOKLOVER FOR THE IDEA!!!

Authors note: so I didn't feel right marrying them off when they hated each other because let's be honest neither of them would let that happen so I changed it up a bit hope you don't mind!!

"No mum! I am not going to marry yet we have talked about this!" Merida yelled at her mother.

"Merida you're nineteen now, the law states that you should have been married by the time your eighteen! All the other lords are already married!" Elinor said to her daughter.

"I don't care what the law states! I'm not getting married. Especially to a Viking." She said.

"Merida, this alliance could be very good for us and the chief's son is a very nice lad. He has his own dragon."

"Why doesn't he just marry his dragon then?"

"Merida, this is final, you're not sixteen anymore. You have to think of your kingdom and grow up!" Elinor said. "Maudie will help you get ready." She said and left the room.

"Can you believe this Maudie? She's doing it again. I thought we settled this."

"You mother knows what's best for you princess." Maudie replied looking through the wardrobe.

"If she knew what was best for me she wouldn't be marrying me off to some barbarians." Merida replied.

"Now your mother has given you plenty of freedom. It's not her fault that you only want to talk to me or Angus and ride around shooting arrows. You didn't even try to meet new people so this is the price." Maudie said pulling out a magenta gown with dark lace sleeves

"I'm not as good as making impressions as my mother." Merida replied

"Oh sweetie you make impressions all right."

"Oh you know what I mean, I've never been good at making friends." Merida said.

"Well here's your chance to make friend's with the chief's son." Maudie said putting the gown over Merida's head.

Meanwhile.....

"Dad do I really have to?" Hiccup asked his father.

"Of course son you're already 20 and still have no wife. You need to start thinking of the future of the village . If you don't have an heir then Snotlout's next in line and Odin no on wants to see that happen." Stoick said,

"What if she hates me?"

"What's to hate? You're a good looking lad and your the first man ever to train a dragon." Stoick said "Girls in the village seem to take notice why shouldn't some highlander?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about but dad...I'm just not ready to get married. I want to travel the world." Hiccup said.

"Ay and you can do that after you marry Princess Merida."

"But dad..."

"Not buts Hiccup, as a chief you are doing what is best for the village. Who knows you may even like each other."

.....

"Merida! Their here!" Elinor said. "Isn't it exciting."

"Yes mother I'm just shaking with anticipation." Merida said sarcastically.

"Now remember good posture and don't forget to smile and curtsy." Elinor said.

"Announcing Chief Stoick the Vast and his son Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third!"

Merida noticed the big Viking man right away. He was just a bit bigger than her own father. His beard was much longer. He had a very stern face but smiled in our presence, his son was of a slim build. He had some type of unusual armor on of greens and browns. His hair was a little disheveled from the wind.