Chapter 62-The Dunking

Saturday, February 18th 10:45AM

Swisher Street Public Park- Koi Pond

When Korbin and Moe reached the crest of the hill, Moe started apologizing again, and started to insist that they return.  With a grunt of displeasure, Korbin pointed out, "We already lost our court, so we might as well see what is going on."

At the top of the rise they paused to take in the scene below. 

"Where are they?" asked Moe as he scanned the large crowd gathered near the pond.

Korbin paused before answering.  There was never this large a group in this area before, and something seemed off.  As he scanned the crowd for Jamie, he grumbled at Moe automatically, "We left our practice for some kind of party."

The mocking words changed into a low growl as he saw Jamie being locked in the court area.  A huge wave of rage washed through him until he noticed that she wasn't trying to escape.  Instead, she was holding a phone up and recording.  When he followed where it was pointing, he was just in time to see Sondra go flying as Susie backhanded her.  Susie quickly followed, but Sondra rolled away at the last moment.  When Susie slipped on the mossy area at the edge of the pond, Sondra even had time to regain her feet.  

The wince of sympathy was followed by a rush of pride.  Jamie was an excellent teacher.  Moe's low growl was strangely reminiscent of his own, and Korbin turned just in time to see Moe start to charge down the hill.  Picturing how Jamie was calmly making a video, Korbin made a quick decision.  At the last moment, Korbin lunged forward and barely managed to snag Moe in a tackle before he was out of range.  Unfortunately, they both slipped on the steep hill and rolled several yards before coming to a stop.

As Moe began to stand, he gave a quick glare that clearly expressed the intent to get even later, but Korbin stopped him by grabbing his arm. 

"Let go!  Didn't you see Sondra getting hit?  I need to get to her!" demanded Moe as he struggled desperately.

Korbin was barely able to hold him, especially when Moe elbowed him in the stomach.  Instead of letting go, Korbin narrowed his eyes, shifted his weight, and used a move he had seen Jamie demonstrate for the police officers in the advanced class.  Within seconds, Moe was face-down on the grass with his arms pinned behind him.  Now, he was still struggling, but not getting anywhere.  The longer Korbin held him, the more Moe reminded him of one of the wild animals that chewed off his own foot to get out of a trap. 

If this went on much longer one of them would get hurt.  He made his voice as harsh a possible and asked, "What do you think you are going to do?"

"Help Sondra," Moe instantly replied.

"By taking over and beating up a girl in the park?" Korbin asked scornfully.

That caused Moe to freeze, but soon he was arguing, "Susie must have at least thirty pounds on Sondra and is six inches taller."

"Then it will mean that much more when Sondra takes her down, won't it?" Korbin answered dryly.

After some contortions Moe twisted to look up at Korbin's smiling face and he asked cautiously, "You really think Sondra can handle this?"

Now that Moe was listening, Korbin let him go and answered, "Even better, Jamie thinks Sondra can handle it.  If she had any doubts, Jamie wouldn't just be recording the whole thing, she would be in the middle of it."

At Moe's surprised look, Korbin pointed down the hill as he said, "Just look."

With that, Moe turned to watch Jamie briefly before turning back to watch Sondra.   By that time, Sondra was blocking several shot in a row as she backed away carefully.  "She is going right toward the water," Moe said worriedly.