Chapter 48- A Romantic Moment?

Thursday, February 16th 8:05pm

Seymour Dojo and Fitness Center- Office

When Moe finally placed his gentle warm hands on her skin, Sondra couldn't stop the quick gasp of air.  All previous worries flew from her mind as her eyes closed to better absorb the sensation.  How was it that her numb skin could feel so warm with the lightest of touches?  The sensation radiated throughout her whole body.  Sondra no longer felt chilled, and she was sure that a bright blush was coloring her cheeks.  Gradually, she realized that Moe hadn't moved his hands. 

Opening her eyes reluctantly, Sondra immediately noticed his concerned frown.  She forced herself to smile and relax as she reassure him, "I didn't realize how cold I was.  Your hands are much warmer that Danica's." 

The frown disappeared, and Moe slowly glided his hands around the edge of bruise.  As the sensations multiplied, Sondra forced herself to relax.  She even let her eyes close as she asked in a light voice, "What did I do to rate such good care?  A foot rub earlier this week and a shoulder rub tonight.  Keep this up and I will become spoiled and expect this kind of service all of the time."

The chuckle and Moe's response of, "I don't mind.  Feel free to ask any time," reassured her and she let her mind drift.   After a little, Moe said, "Are you wearing your new shoes and dress tomorrow night?  If so, you might need another foot rub after the dance."

Sondra smiled and thought that the reward of a foot rub might make standing in the torture devices worth it.  "The shoes do go with the dress, and they would be perfect for the dance.  However, if we have to walk, I'm going to put them on at the school."

"I'll find out if I can use Uncle Brian's car that night," he promised.

Sondra smiled and said, "That would help my feet.  You could even offer to take Danica or Henry with.  Uncle Brian would be sure to say yes then."

Moe shook his head and said, "Maybe so, but I'll see if we can go alone.  Danica probably has a date picking her up, and Henry can walk if he is going."

Sondra wasn't going to say no.  Having Moe to herself would make it seem even more like a real date.  The times with just him never seemed to be long enough.  Even with the ache in her shoulder she didn't want this time to end.  Just as she was thinking that, the timer dinged again to say the time was up. 

When Moe backed off, Sondra immediately felt the cold seeping back in again.  Putting the ice pack back on seemed intolerable.  As Moe picked it up and brought it closer, she backed away without even thinking.

"What?" asked Moe.

"Do you think I need it any more?  I am tired of freezing," complained Sondra.

Moe nodded firmly and said, "Both Danica and Samuel agreed that you needed the ice packs all night."  He checked his watch and then said, "You should do the ice pack at least one more time.  After that, I'll help you pack up and walk you home."

With a reluctant nod, Sondra forced herself to stop retreating.  The goosebumps and shivering couldn't be controlled so easily. 

"You weren't joking about being cold," Moe said as he began to run his hands up and down her arms. 

Sondra grimaced and replied, "The halter top was a good idea for reaching the bruise, but not such a good idea when I will have a block of ice on my shoulder half the night."

Moe slipped behind Sondra, and put his arms around her so her arms were trapped under his.

"What are you doing?" asked Sondra even as she leaned against his warmth.

Moe murmured, "I'm warming you up."  He rested his chin on her head and they were both quiet. 

Sondra gave a small grin as she realized there were finally benefits to the ice treatment.

Their closeness made Sondra realize that now would be the perfect time to move forward with her plan, and she started to turn in his arms.

Moe held her gently, but firmly while he whispered, "You have eight more minutes with the ice pack.  Just relax."

Arguing seemed petty.  After so many years, what did a few more minutes matter?  Besides, having Moe hold her in his arms wasn't torture by any means. 

All too soon the timer dinged.  Moe asked, "Are you warmer now?" as he slid his hand up her arm and began to remove the ice pack. 

While he was busy with the ACE bandage, Sondra reminded herself that now was the time.  Usually, she would lose her nerve and the moment would be lost.  Before that could happen yet again, Sondra turned to confront him. 

Unfortunately, Moe was still removing the ice pack.  One hand fell away, but his other was tangled in the half undone ACE bandage.  When she turned, his hand stayed on her shoulder and his arm curved around her back.

It wasn't part of the plan, but she decided that was okay.  This way he was almost holding her already.  She looked up at him and started to raise her arms to put them around his neck.

Moe seemed to sway closer, and Sondra was almost sure that she felt his arms tighten. 

That was when everything went wrong.

Her right arm only went up halfway before it froze with pain.  A groan escaped, and before she realized it, her romantic moment was gone. 

The frozen look of horror on Moe's face seemed to say it all.  If that wasn't clear enough, he let her go immediately and untangled his hand from the ACE bandage with a couple of quick shakes.  Before she could force a sound past the sudden lump in her throat, he was out the office door. 

The bandage unwound, and the ice pack fell to the floor even as the door closed behind him.