We Don't Do That....

Storm

      “Baby, I’m headed to the store. Is there anything that you need?” I asked Joy as I grabbed my keys

     “We need marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate bars for the s’mores. And baby I need you to take Taj with you, the twins are being a handful today.” Joy ran down to me.

     “It’s no problem. I’ll take him with me.” I told her.

    “Thanks ba-“ she started to say before she was  interrupted by loud cries room Sunni.

    “What’s wrong lil’ mama?” Joy asked her as she bent down to pick her up.

    “Pop….popp…Poppa hit me!” she managed to say through her tears and hiccups. This little boy is going to be the death of me. He just doesn’t learn.

    “Go lay her down, ma. I got this.” I told Joy before calling for Skylar.

    “Skylar! Get in here right now!” I yelled.

     Five seconds later, he slowly walked into the living room where I was standing, with his head down.

     “Don’t hold your head down now! You wasn’t holding your head down when you was hitting Sunni! Do you want me to hit you?!” I chastised him.  He shook his head as tears ran down his face. I hated to see my kids cry but this little dude don’t get it through regular speech.

      “Go put your shoes on.” I instructed him.

     As he went to fetch his shoes, I grabbed Taj from the nursery. By the time I got Taj together, Poppa was waiting for me by the front door.

     “Baby, I’m taking Poppa with me!” I yelled out to Joy before exiting the house.

     “Thanks, boo! I love you! Be safe with our babies!” she responded.

       After strapping both Skylar and Taj into their booster seats and car seats, I was finally able to head to the store. I took the time to talk man-to-little man with Poppa.

      “Poppa, the very next time that you put your hands on your little sister, you’re getting a whoopin’ and you gon’ be put on punishment. You need to keep your hands to yourself.” I advised him.

       “But, daddy she was messin’ with my stuff!” he said.

       “I understand that but, that’s when you need to come find me, your mom, or Rae-Rae and let us know. Then we’ll deal with her. If you handle it by hitting her then your badness outweighs the bad that she did. And aside from all of that, boys are not supposed to put their hands on girls.” I told him.