I'm Just Not Ready

Joyful

"Mommy, can I hold the baby?" Poppa asked me as I sat in the rocking chair in my nursery cradling my newborn son.

"Sure you can but you have  to sit down and you have to be careful ok." I explained to him.

"Ok." He responded as his eyes lit up with excitement.

He took my place in the rocking chair and after making sure he was holding his arms properly I placed his little brother in his arms. The sight was so adorable that I had to Instagram the moment.

   I was so happy that the baby was finally here. On March 20th at 8:00am I gave birth to Taj Mekhi Jackson. The birth happened without any real issues. I wouldn't remember anyway because I was heavily medicated.

  Having a new baby around the house has been quite the adjustment. Everyone has been helpful though. I take care of the Taj while everyone is at work and school. Reagan mostly takes care of the baby at night when he wakes up and Storm is on baby duty in the morning before he goes to work. For the time being, this routine works but at the end of the day when they slip up I'm there as a relief and I absolutely don't mind. The twins actually help out too. They make sure that he's entertained when he's not sleeping.

    "Mommy,Taj is lazy." Poppa said as he looked down at his sleepy, baby brother.

    "Why, you say that Poppa?" I asked with a giggle.

     "Because he doesn't do nothing. He just lays around, cries, and sleep." He concluded with a frown in his little forehead.

     "Poppa, he's just a baby. You was just like Taj five years ago. Babies have to learn to do all the things big kids do." I explained to him.

     "Well, can I be his teacher?" He asked me.

      "Sure you can, boo. As his big brother that's what you're supposed to do." I told him with a smile. "What you gon teach him first?"

      He thought for a second then scrunched up his face. "Imma teach him how to use the bathroom. Mommy he stinks!" Poppa told, pleading with me through his eyes to hurry and remove Taj.

    "Here Poppa, let me change his diaper. You go finish getting dressed because Auntie Mo' and Uncle Drew will be here to pick you and your sisters up any minute now." I instructed him as I grabbed Taj and placed him on the changing table.

     As as soon as Poppa ran out the room, Sunni ran in.

     "Mommy!" she sang, with a toothless smile. My baby daughter is so beautiful!

     "What's up, Lil' Mama?" I asked with a smile, glancing over at her briefly.

     "Mommy why can't you and daddy come with us to Disney's California Adventure?" she asked me.

     "Because mommy and daddy have to stay home with baby Taj." I told her.

     "Baby Taj can come too!" she reasoned.

      "He's not quite ready to come out the house yet. His immune system isn't strong enough yet to be around people. He could get sick." I explained to her.

      "Ohhhhh...." she said, trying to understand what I was saying. 

      "But next time all of us will go." I told her with a smile. She looked up at me with bright eyes. It didn't take much to make my little girl happy. She finds joy in the little things.