I Messed Up

Reagan

 "Have you told your dad about us?" Sammie asked me as we chilled in the back of the library at lunch.

 "No." I replied simply.

 "What you waiting for, baby?" He asked me, looking a little upset.

 "I don’t know. But my mom knows about us." I informed him.

 "How you tell her but, not yo daddy?" He asked.

 "I didn't tell her, Sammie. She drove by the park and saw us kissing the day we officially got together." I told him with a bit of an attitude. He was getting on my nerves.

 "So she lurking now?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

 "Naw she was actually coming to pick me and Poppa up." I told him.

 "Well that was nice of her." He said quietly.

     I rolled my eyes because at this point, I'm not feeling my mom. She made me really mad on Sunday. How you gon' force me to go somewhere that I don't wanna go? I haven't talked to her since Sunday and its now Thursday.

 "The school year ends tomorrow, Rae. I wanna be with you comfortably during the summer, hanging out and stuff. I can’t do that if you holding back from telling yo dad about us." He told me.

 "What's the point in telling him if all he’s gonna do is be negative about it. He gon make us break up. I don't want to break up, Sammie. I like being with you. You make me feel special. Like I'm somebody important." I told him truthfully. I'm emotional so tears clouded my eyes as I expressed my feelings for him. What I felt for Sammie was real. The way that he made me feel was real. 

 He noticed the tears in my eyes and pulled me into his arms and kissed me on the forehead.

 "I'm not gon say no more about it. Just do it sooner than later." He instructed me. I nodded my head in response.

 "But why do you care if I talk to him or not, Sammie?" I asked. "You're the one who told me to forget about what my daddy says."

 "Well I had a talk with Terrell. And to be honest, I don't wanna get on yo dad's bad side." He admitted.

 "Well why don't you tell him about us?" I asked.

 "Because you're daddy's little girl. He'll be softer on you. Dads are weak for their daughters. Just talk to him, baby." He told me.

 I looked at Sammie for a second, contemplating whether I should talk to my dad or not. In that split second I made up my mind. I was kind of tired of hiding too.

 "I'll talk to him today. I'll go to his office after school." I said, confidently as I pulled out my phone to let my mom know. Even though we weren't talking, I still gotta inform her of my whereabouts.