Not Down With Defiance

Joyful

  I don't know how to feel about Faith going to Storm about her relationship issues. She usually comes to me about them. I can't for the life of me figure out what changed between us. I won't assume anything because Storm taught me himself that when you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". And plus I can't waste my time worrying about trivial matters. I'd drive myself crazy. I have more important things to woory about, like tending to my three children.

   I most definitely need to keep my eye on Reagan. I went over to the park yesterday to pick her and Poppa up but, what I saw made me keep on rolling. I saw Reagan kissing that Sammie boy. Now, I'm not surprised. A blind person could see that she had a thing for him and vice versa. It doesn't bother me that she's in a relationship as long as she stays focused and she stays safe, in all aspects of the word. I can't be angry with her because when love happens, it happens and you can't stop it, no matter the circumstances. Its never a good idea to interfere in another persons relationship. That's where my father went wrong with Storm and I. 

   I will talk to Rae-Rae about it, though I feel its not my place to tell Storm about it. That's something that they have to work out. They have a special bond and its not my place to corrupt it. I will advise Rae-Rae to talk to him about it before he finds out from someone else. Storm is very protective of all the women in his family, especially Reagan. Sometimes I feel like the love that Storm and I share will never surpass what he feels for his eldest daughter.

"Poppa, go put your shoes so we can go over to Nana and Pawpaws house for dinner." I instructed Poppa when I walked into Reagans room. As usual he was in her room laid out across her be.

"But mommy I don't wanna go to Nana's house. I wanna stay here with Rae-Rae." He told me.

"Rae-Rae is coming with us, Poppa." I told him with furrowed eyebrows.

"No she's not. She said she was staying home." He informed me. I glanced over at Reagan who had her earphones in her ears and was busy texting on her phone.

"Did she now?" I said with a raised eyebrow. "Poppa go do what I said."

He looked up at me like he wanted to throw a fit.

"Don't try me, Skylar. Go!" I said, swatting him on his behind as he waked out of the room. I refuse to raises defiant set of kids so, he better follow directions or them cheeks gon be burning .

"Rae-Rae." I said, tickling her feet to get her attention.

"Yes?" She asked, pulling her earphone out of her ear and placing her phone on her bedside table.

"Let's talk, hun." I told her, taking a seat on her bed.

"Sure." She said hesitantly, not knowing what to expect. I don't sugarcoat stuff for Rae-Rae so I came straight out with it.

"When were you going to tell me that you and Sammie are dating?" I asked her straight up.

Not knowing what to say in response, she pulled her feet into her chest and rested her chin on her knees.

"Ma, please don't tell, daddy." She said with a worried look on her face.

"I'm not, hun. Its not my place. But, you are and you better do it soon or you're gonna feel your father's wrath." I warned her

"I know...I know..." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.  It was something off about Reagan, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Now that's all I'm going to say about the matter. Now get dressed so we can go to dinner " I told her.