Concerto Chapter 1. Numb *Sneak Peek*

Darien Grace

I couldn't hear the music. I knew that it was pulsing all around me, I could feel it vibrate through the air, but I couldn't hear it. I hadn't been able to hear it for a while now. I just couldn't. I hadn't set foot near a piano in nearly three weeks. The music didn't matter. What was the point of it anyway? Music was a distraction. Music was a curse.

 I knew that the McKenneys were worried. I hadn't seen them in two weeks. The last time I'd seen them was just before we took the Channel Tunnel l to Paris. My phone blew up for a week before I tossed it- the family wouldn't know subtle if it walked up and knocked them to the f.ucking ground- but I didn't care. I was numb. Everything was blessedly and blissfully numb. The world was a haze of blurred shades of grey, long nights, bared skin, and bottle after bottle of liquid amnesia. I had the entire concept of selective memory down to an art, all I needed was a few pills and a bottle.

Bodies crushed in around me from all sides and I pushed back, throwing my entire body and soul into the gyrating mass. I just didn't care anymore. I was numb. All I wanted to be was numb. I'd fought it for a while, thinking that I couldn't afford to break.  That If I broke now, if I surrendered now, there would be no coming back. I knew that and yet, I gave in anyway. Part of me had asked why I should even give a flying f.uck anymore. Trying had only ever f.ucked with me. Trying had gotten me to this point in the first place. Trying had killed my mother. Trying had gotten me beaten black and blue. Trying had ripped my innocence away from me. Trying had decimated my heart. Trying had ruined my life. So why even bother anymore? Why bother caring? If the Universe wanted s.hit to happen it would. I was finished crying. I was finished caring. I was numb. I embraced the darkness. I embraced oblivion. I felt nothing.

I didn't try and stop him as his hands raked over my body, their heat leaching into my skin through the fine mesh of my dress. Before, I would have fought back. Before, I would have completely abused whoever the asshole was groping me from behind. Before, I had a reason to. Now, he was the reason I'd have a place to spend the night. Now, he was a means to an end.

 ***

À Suivre...

A/N: So, just remember, if you kill me now, you'll never know what happens. So yeah. Boom bitches. lol jk i love you all!!!!!!

I hope you all enjoyed your first little sneak peek at the newest addition to the Sonata family!!!!!

Please be sure to add Concerto to your libraries and keep an eye out for updates beginning Monday, December 1st 2014!!!!!! 

Also, PLEASE VOTE FOR SONATA TO WIN A WATTY!!!!!! All you have to do is tweet with the hashtags #SonataFanfic and #Wattys2014 to cast your vote!!!! You can vote as many times as you want and RTs DO COUNT!!!!! Please, please, please!!!! It would mean the absolute world to me!!!!!!

I love you all to the moon and back and I promise to be on all the time!!!! Feel free to message me whenever and I will do my best to check and respond to all!!!!!

I will always be on instagram, twitter, ask.fm, vine and any other social media shit that I have!

There will be a TWITCAM on Sunday, November 2nd between 3-6 PM (US Eastern Time) !!!!!!!! I will post a link on here as an "update" so please all watch!!!! It will be a special halloween broadcast!!!!!!! x

I love you all so goddamn much!!!!!!

While you wait for Concerto, please check out Kassandra Tate's (@famouxx) The Famoux. It is life changing and it has stole my heart and my mind.

Remember #Stellanators, Momma loves you.

Also, Sticks and Stones my break your bones, but Haters Make You Famoux.

-Elle out, Cunts.

Instagram, Twitter and Vine: @ElleRoseBooks

Facebook: Elle Rose or for https://www.facebook.com/ElleRoseBooks

Snapchat: @for.niallarnia

Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/ForNIALLarnia

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/forniallarnia/

Please send edits/manips/trailers/any thing else you can think of to for.niallarnia@gmail.com