A Note to All Readers

A/N: Gorgeous edit by @alikat10299!!!!!!

COPYRIGHT©ELLEROSEBOOKS 2012

Disclaimer: Sonata was written in late 2013, early 2014. During this time I was only just stepping out on my own--I went away to college and I tried to break away from the sheltered world I was brought up it. I thought that by making Ren crash and overtly sexual I was "rebelling". There are more than a few moments when Ren's behavior is a bit... over the top, and there are many instances of other characters referring to Ren's behavior in a derogatory manner.  When I started to craft Ren's story, slut-shaming was not on my radar as something that would begin to pull this story down--I can blame this only on my own naiveté. I thought that by having the supporting characters often reference Ren's promiscuous behavior, I could better illustrate how Ren's actions are not in any way hindered by the thoughts and opinions of others. I thought I was making her strong, but I know this sort of content can be hard for many people to read.  I--in no way--have ever considered Ren to be a slut. I have always thought of her as strong-willed and independent, but I will allow you to form your own opinion. 

I also want to say thank you all so much for your love and support! I'm so glad that you like Sonata and I'm so glad that it's becoming available to a wider audience!!! I'm so grateful to all of the amazing people who have not only read my work but have also expressed interest in translating it! I hope that you continue to read and that Harry and Ren's relationship grows on you as it develops! The action is slow coming because I don't believe that you should just fuck a person immediately after meeting them; that isn't entirely realistic. I want to write about actual relationships, I don't want to sugar coat the world, the media does enough of that without our help.

In Sonata, the main characters are mature, consenting adults and there will be a lot of adult content and themes. Harry's character in this story is 25 years old and Darien's is 20 going on 21. I have aged them to fit proper expectations. A five year age gap becomes more and more acceptable as both individuals age over time. I do not believe that 20 year olds should be dating 15 year olds. I believe that they are not on the same emotional, physical, or spiritual level but I do believe that over time those levels can be matched. Ultimately every situation is different and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

The Harry expressed in Sonata resembles the true Harry Styles to a degree. He has his name and his general appearance but certain physical and personality traits are exclusive to Sonata Harry. He is an original character as well as being a work of fiction. I am not projecting my fictional character's personality and appearance onto the actual person. I am simply borrowing reality and transforming it into something of my own. There will be things in Sonata that will not match up to the real Harry Styles and that's okay, relax and enjoy the story. It's fiction, treat it as such.

There will be sex in Sonata, there will be a lot of sex in Sonata. It will take a while for it to happen the first time (20 odd chapters in fact), but it will be worth it. Keep reading and don't give up on me.

Thank y'all so much for your interest though! I do hope that you all continue to read!

Much Love,

--xE

You can find me at:

WattPad, Twitter, Instagram: @ellerosebooks