39. Curiosity And Cats

The music that had been haunting me for weeks now sounded out over the speakers, finally complete. When the final stanzas played out, I could feel his expression change.

"This is what you were just..-"

"Yes," was all I could manage. It was perfect, undeniably perfect. The board would love it, hell, I loved it.

"You composed this?" He sounded completely dazed.

"Yes," I whispered, "So did you."

Darien Grace

Closing my eyes, I let his voice wash over me as it echoed throughout the lecture hall. I had re-inhabited my seat in the back of the class as a precautionary measure, but it wasn't doing us much good. Stella was still soaking, the morning's activities still all too fresh in my mind. It also didn't help that he kept looking up here. It was obvious that he was trying to 'sneak' glances, but what was more obvious was the fact that he was trying. His eyes kept darting back and forth between the door, the security cameras, glancing at the other students momentarily, and then focusing on me for a solid minute. Like fuck, my lack of filter wasn't going to do us in, his fucking boner was. I was half temped to scream down at him to "keep it in his pants", but I figured that would be a bit much... or would it?

"Something I can help you with, Professor?" I asked meekly once his gaze shifted back to me for what had to be the thirtieth fucking time in forty-five minutes. The entire hall fell silent. It'd been about a week or so since I'd interrupted class, I figured it would be best to keep up appearances and raise at least a little hell. Thin-nose had been craning her neck around at an impossible angle to watch us all class and if one of us didn't do something we were most definitely going to be screwed for screwing each other.

"I uh, no, uh Darien— I-I mean, Miss Grace," he stumbled, his face heating with embarrassment.

"Then quit your perverted fucking staring," I snapped, cocking an eyebrow up at him, "I'm not going to suck you off under your desk, so just give it a rest already." My comment earned a low series of chuckles from the fratastic boys in the row beneath me and I grinned. That's more like it, the good ol' Ren Grace charm was back in business.

"Miss Grace, that, Jesus—." He was fumbling and only I could see the anger boiling up deep within his otherwise flustered demeanor.

"Complete sentences if you would, Professor; You are instructing at the collegiate level... Oh no, I apologize, I meant 'guest lecturing'. How silly of me?"

His large hands fisted at his sides and I just knew that the muscle in the side of his jaw would be ticking like fucking crazy and that adorable little vein in his neck would be pulsing. I was pushing my luck, but hell, that's what I'd built my reputation on. I didn't just push boundaries, or break the rules; I said 'fuck them' and I made my own. I couldn't just suddenly stop.

He stood there shaking for several moments, his thumb and forefinger coming up to crush the bridge of his nose while he struggled for composure. We hadn't really discussed how we were going to handle 'class time' earlier.

After the whole 'composing to the beat of his heart' shit, we'd fucked again before scrambling to class. I'd tried to convince him to call in sick so that we could have a nice relaxing day of physical exertion, but Mr. Tight Ass had insisted we both go; you know, to 'maintain appearances' and everything. If we were actually maintaining appearances, he'd have showered and I wouldn't be there in general. I'd been skipping class on and off for the past month. It was hard to come here without jumping his fucking bones in the middle of the auditorium. I was squirming now— forget the fact that Stella had already been thoroughly and wonderfully banged into passivity twice this morning. God, I swore she was insatiable.