26. Jesus Forgives

"You know, you should really join us for Mass, I know Caleb would be thrilled!"

"Oh, no, I couldn't impose on you anymore than I already am. I'm so sorry for crashing your breakfast."

"Nonsense, I insist. It's no trouble at all! How do you like your coffee?" I shifted in my seat as the door swung open, forest eyes immediately widening as they met my own. The atmosphere in the room shifted in a fraction of a second, the tension escalating in the span of a heartbeat.

"I actually don't drink coffee and I really do need to be going-."

"Harry!" Caleb cheered, bursting into the kitchen, a massive grin on his face, burgundy jacket in hand, "I do hope you're up for Mass!"

"Sir, I do really need to get back to work-."

"You work too hard, take some time for the Lord and relax," Caleb ordered, refusing to take no for an answer, "Now everybody finish up, we're leaving in five." I didn't know whether I should be thanking Caleb's God or cursing him. I guess I'd have a bit of time to make up my mind, there was no way Caleb was letting either of us out of this "family excursion".

Darien Grace

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. If Stella didn't calm the fuck down right now, I'd have to climb back up three flights of stairs and change; I actually happened to like this underwear. I could hardly feel the soft cream lace resting along my hips. I wasn't in the mood to change. All of my other good underwear three floors up and I wasn't exactly in the mood for that kind of physical exertion. If I had to change my underwear, then I would either have to go commando or change my entire outfit and that sure as hell wasn't an option.

Hazel eyes roamed the exposed expanse of my legs all the way up to the short hem along my upper thigh; previously light irises darkening immediately. His hands tightened into fists at his sides, that delicious pink tongue peaking out to swipe across sinful lips. My grip around my cup tightened as I struggled to keep Stella on her leash. The fact that he was here and in full on fuckable professor mode was divine punishment in and of it's self.

At this rate we'd never make it to the church and my list of sins would grow until it was far too long to ever recant. I was point five seconds away from tearing that charcoal button-up off of his body and taking him on the very bar I was sitting at. I didn't give a single fuck who saw and I was pretty damn sure that he was right there with me.

The room was silent for several uncomfortable moments as I struggled to string together a coherent sentence that wouldn't only consist of "Fuck me now, Professor!". Jas was flat out smirking into her coffee mug and Caleb and John were blissfully clueless, as per usual. I swear, it was like they were perfectly immune to the sexual tension that always flooded any room that Mr. Safe and I were in together.

Jas was the first to break that suffocating silence, but her words brought no reprieve. Instead they made me choke on my coffee and nearly had it spurting out of my nose, "Are you tired, Harry? You seem tired. Did you have a long night?"

"I-uh, yeah, something like that," he mumbled, shifting uncomfortably on his feet, a slow blush steadily creeping it's way up his neck and into his cheeks. It really was precious how uncomfortable we made him without really even trying. He just made it so easy to mess with him.

"What could have possibly been more appealing than sleep? Don't tell me, you found yourself an erotic novel. It's okay, we already know that you're not the porn type, so why not get your kicks from someone writing about it?"