48. That Song-?

"Come on, I want that cake!" He laughed, his previous excitement resurfacing. I allowed him to pull me through the house and into the kitchen for dinner with the people who had given life to a girl so damn ready to give up.

Darien's POV:

Holy fucking shit, I was hot. I swore I was sweating and I couldn't understand why. Blinking frustratedly, I stared up at the ceiling to my room. Jas and I had a separate thermostat from Caleb and John, and I kept our floor at a balmy sixty-five degrees year round. It was blissful when I was wrapped up in my down comforter and I never, and I mean never, woke up hot. I had this shit down to an art.

Frowning, I moved to sit up and was immediately halted by an overwhelming weight pressing down on most of my body.

What the fuck?

Craning my neck to the side, I did my best to examine the person wrapped around me like fucking seaweed. A familiar curly head filled my line of sight— Harry. His head was resting on my chest, his arms wrapped completely around me; one beneath my head and the other slung around my waist. One of his legs had wedged it's way between my own, the other hooking around my ankle. All in all, I was more or less trapped by his hulking form and I was oddly and uncharacteristically amused by it. Grinning softly down at him, I gently flicked the shell of his ear; an unintelligible rasping mumble forced it's way out from between his lips, making me giggle. I lifted my free arm and brought it around to his face, poking his cheek.

"Hello, octo-kid. You're suffocating me here— literally," I huffed out, poking him several more times until I felt that same crater appear.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This is called canoodling. I like canoodling— I quite like canoodling with you," he slurred, still drunk on sleep.

"Well, canoodle alone; you're killing me," I grumbled, doing my best to push him off. His grip only tightened, his eyes crushing closed.

"That negates the definition of the word."

"Not my problem, dude." I pushed uselessly at him once again. Nada.

"Five more minutes." I swore he was like a petulant child— a goddamn adorable petulant child.

"No, you're suffocating me," I grumbled, doing my best to school my face into a scowl as he peaked one eye open at me. The forest irises rimmed in gold watched me sleepily. The light caught them, making them shine in his sleep addled state.

"You seem very much alive."

"I won't be if you don't get off." I tried pushing him again, but his grip just tightened around me further.

"I don't know how you're not comfortable. I'm quite enjoying this," he mumbled, snuggling in closer to me. I huffed out an irritated breath. As annoying as his ridiculous body heat was, he was damnably cute. I hadn't seen him like this before. We'd never actually woken up together— you know, in the way normal couples would.Yesterday, I'd woken up and made a mad dash for the bathroom and the only other times I'd stayed with him before, either he'd been up before me, or I before him. We were the farthest thing from a traditional couple, and this was about as traditional as shit got. I was actually starting to understand what the fuss was about, though. If I got to wake up to playful twenty-five year-old Harry more often— rather than dealing with the overly moody, Darling Professor— I might actually consider "traditional".

"Because I need a shower and your breath smells like ass." I was beyond sure we both smelled of stale alcohol and sex. After dinner, Caleb had turned a blind eye and had gone to bed early with John. They'd left Jas, Harry and I alone to our drunken adventures. Jas had disappeared a little over half an hour later, after which Harry and I had stumbled upstairs, shedding layers as we went. I'd officially been two days without a proper shower and it was making me cringe. I didn't believe that Harry's and my shower experience at Delta Chi counted, there'd been no actual 'showering' just a lot of sex... not that I was complaining— Jesus, in no way was I complaining; I just needed a damn shower.