14. You're One of a Kind, Darien Grace

Darien Grace

God, I needed sleep. I couldn't remember the last time I'd actually made it through the night. Lately, I would just lie in bed for hours haunted by hazel eyes and sinful lips. I should have been the one to come back and unlock him Saturday morning. I should have come back, value pack of rubbers in hand, and taken him for all he was worth, but no. No, instead I pussied out and asked Jas to do it for me. I had a Dark Adonis shackled to my bed and instead of going and taking full advantage of him, I was a disappointment to all of womankind.

Fuck.

Jas kept teasing me; she claimed that I had "performance anxiety". How about no. There was no way in hell I had performance anxiety. I was Darien Grace. I had nerves of fucking steal. I was the Wonder Woman of Sexual Prowess.

Fuck it all.

There was nothing wrong with a little sexual tension. Sexual tension could be good for the libido, leaving something to be desired... yeah, that was it.

"Hey! Fucking watch where you're going!" I growled, reaching to yank my Beats down around my neck. Some asshole had all but run me off the path, stepping directly in front of me so that I crashed into them. "Jesus." I didn't even both to look up as I pushed past the offending party.

"Careful now, Darien. One of these days you're going to say something you'll regret," a familiar voice chuckled. I turned at his words, an apologetic smile immediately sliding into place. Caleb was already reaching one hand reaching forward to brush a few stray strands of violet hair from my face.

"Caleb! Christ, I'm sorry! I thought you were one of these hungover twats. They never watch where they're going," I laughed, nodding in the direction of the over populated quad; everywhere you looked people were rushing to classes, dorms, and wherever the fuck else they went.

"No, darling, just a normal... 'twat'."

"Watch your language, sir. What would the children think?" I teased, faux outrage coloring my voice.

"Child, you mean, and I'm sure she has a far more colorful vocabulary than I could ever dream of teaching her," he chided, regarding me knowingly.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Pops."

"Oh right, of course, my mistake," he laughed, bending down and pretending to retrieve a halo, shining it before placing it above my head.

"So that's where it went! I've been looking for that thing for ages!"

"Sure you have, Dari," he chuckled and I flashed him a devious grin before he checked his watch, "Well I'm sure I'll see you at home later, but I have to go to this thing they call a job and you have a class to get to."

"God, don't remind me." I could already feel the heat pooling in between my thighs in anticipation. I'd been dreading this class all day... dreading... anticipating... it was all about the same in my book. With way, it was torture, I tell you. Pure undiluted torture. Why Caleb had thought it was a good idea to put the human embodiment of sex in charge of my class astounded me. We all knew I had a 'problem', hell, they'd all joked about sending me to rehab for sex addiction last week, the bastards.

"Oh, hush, you'll be fine... just try not to stare too long and keep your hands out of his pants."

"That's your teaching assistant you're talking about!"

"And if we're not careful a future father of my adopted grandchildren."

Caleb McKenney had to be the only person on this earth aside from his daughter that could make me blush and Christ my cheeks were flaming.