Family (Edelgard x Reader)

this is a x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Edelgard's PoV:-

Location: Adrestian Castle:-

"Edelgard, I'm extremely sorry and ashamed to report this to you, but it must be said. We haven't been able to find lady (Y/N) anywhere." I could hear Hubert, my tactician and lieutenant, apologetically say from beside me.

I let out a shaky breath, as I wiped beads of sweat from my forehead, and tried to calm myself down.

"Edelgard, we won't stop searching until-"

"Hubert, I order you and your troops to go and rest." I firmly said, interrupting the raven-haired deputy of mine.

"B-but the princess is still out there - your daughter is still out there Edelgard! She could be hurt and in pain! We can't allow that - I can't allow that, knowing that someone precious to this kingdom is possibly suffering in the wilderness." Hubert yelled out in agony, while gripping onto the Adrestian Empire's insignia he donned on the front of his cape.

"Hubert, that was an order!" I yelled out in frustration, immediately silencing the dark man.

Hubert was about to open his mouth to say something again, but I harshly glared at him, causing him to reconsider.

"I know all of that, believe me I do. That was an unexpected attack, but those thieves were foreign. There was no way that we could've won against such strong weaponry. (Y/N) is but an infant, and as her mother I am feeling much worse than anyone else in this land right now. But also as a queen, I have to think of what's best for my people. The search will continue tomorrow, for now, go and rest. Good night, Hubert." I said, with finality, and walked away from black-haired male before me.

Hubert gave a deep bow, and watched me leave with a frown. I dejectedly dragged myself into my chambers, and threw myself onto my bed.

Hot tears began to roll down my cheeks, as I though of my current miserable and hopeless situation.

"(Y/N), my child, I hope you're still alive and well."

///

Third Person's PoV:-

Location: The Triplet Thieves' Campsite:-

"Lucian! Shut that damn brat up, my ears are about to bleed!"

"Elizabeth, you know that I'm trying my best here! You take the stupid kid then, and see how it feels!"

"Would you two idiots shut up?! We've finally found a place to settle down for the night in, and I don't need the Imperial Army finding this place because of your stupid bickering!" A tall burly man, with a large scar across his left eye, shouted to the two younger delinquents that sat before him.

Lucian, the second eldest of the triplet thieves, crossed his arms in irritation and let out a disappointed sigh.

The royal baby that sat in his arms wouldn't stop screaming and crying, causing the man to squint his eyes in agony at the horrible sound.

Elizabeth, the youngest of the triplet thieves, scrunched up her nose in annoyance and glared at the noisy child in her brother's arms.

Arthur, the oldest and the scarred leader of the triplet thieves, rubbed his sore temples, as he threw more wood into the burning fire that he had started.

"Arthur, what's the plan? Is this noisy wretch even worth all the effort that we just took?" Lucian asked his older brother, with a disgusted wince at the crying little girl before him.