Thank You (Dimitri x Reader)

this is a x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

warning: this chapter may contain some spoilers!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Dimitri, are you ready?" I questioned the noble and chivalrous comrade of mine, as I approached him with anxious steps - my lethal weapon in-hand.

"Yes (Y/N), I've been waiting for this day. I'm tired of seeing innocent people being terrorized by that coward, because of whatever selfish reasons he or she harbors. Today, I shall make sure that the Flame Emperor's body hits the ground!" Dimitri shouted out, his eyes filled in determination, and gave me a daring smile.

I grinned proudly back at my comrade, and lifted my weapon up high in acknowledgement.

"I'll be right there beside you Dimitri, we're in this together." I said, gaining a firm nod back from the blonde royal.

Together we charged forward, with our weapons in our palms, ready to be used.

Following Dimitri's example, the rest of the soldiers launched themselves ahead and began to fight the Imperial Army's troops.

The blueblood and I ran towards the Flame Emperor instead, leaving the rest of the opposing warriors to our able fighters.

The Flame Emperor's head immediately turned to face Dimitri and I, aiming an axe in my direction.

"You are the one person I did not wish to make an enemy of, (Y/N)." The masked figure said, causing my eyes to open wide in shock.

"H-how do you know my name?" I questioned in alarm, resulting in my guard wavering.

Dimitri jumped in front of me, to block a hit that I didn't see coming, and glared at me afterwards.

"(Y/N), focus! Now is not the time to be confused!" Dimitri yelled at me, and turned to face the mysterious hidden figure before him.

"You're absolutely right, forgive me" I quickly said in an apologetic tone, snapping back to my senses.

I readied my weapon, and dashed to where the Flame Emperor stood, at the same time as Dimitri.

We both struck at the figure in unison, but our hits were spontaneously deflected.

I let out a grunt in surprise, and noticed as Dimitri charged at the figure once again without hesitation.

The masked figure faced Dimitri to block his attack, I grabbed this as my chance to ambush the person in front of me.

The emperor of flames immediately whipped around to face me, giving Dimitri the chance to abruptly throw his lance and hit the vague person.

This caused the mask that the Flame Emperor donned to drop off, resulting in Dimitri and I letting out audible gasps at whose face we could now perceive.

"Edelgard?!"

"Ugh..." The platinum blonde grunted in anger.

Dimitri suddenly began to laugh in a deranged manner, and I turned to glance at him in concern.

"Is this some kind of twisted joke?" The golden-haired noble shouted in rage, as he began to march forward to the empress, crushing her mask that had earlier dropped onto the ground.

"D-Dimitri..." I muttered, trying to stop the close friend of mine, but he shoved me back in irritation instead.

"I've been looking for you. I will take that head from your shoulders and hang it from the gates of Enbarr!" Dimitri shouted, with crazed eyes, and mercilessly slaughtered the Imperial Army's troops that approached him.