A Cat's Fortune (Seteth x Reader)

this is a requested x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hubert! Would you hurry up in there? I have something really important to do, and you've been hogging up the room all for yourself for the past I don't know how many hours." I yelled at the mysterious black-haired man inside of the monastery's casting room's door that I stood by.

"No can do (Y/N), this is an important spell that I need to master for the sake of Edelgard. I'm not leaving this room until I have absolutely perfected it." Hubert mumbled monotonously from inside of the casting room.

I stomped my foot in frustration, and clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"You keep saying that, but you don't even own that room. I need to use it, so stop being such a wuss!" I yelled furiously and started shaking the casting room's doorknob in rage.

Once I noticed that the door was locked from the inside and wouldn't open no matter what, I kicked the doorknob as hard as I could and broke it.

This allowed me to enter the room now, although I might get yelled at by Mr. Hanneman later on. But anyway, that's not what's important at the moment.

I barged into the room and noticed Hubert standing by a wooden desk. He had his eyes closed and his right hand stretched out in front of him, ready to cast a spell, while a black tome was in his left hand.

"Hubert, was what you did just now back there absolutely necessary?" I asked the dark man in an upset tone and placed my hands on my hips.

"Shut up, I can't concentrate. Something could go wrong, so don't disturb me." Hubert shushed me and went back to focusing on his eery magic.

I raised my left eyebrow questioningly and pulled Hubert up to me by his collar.

"What did you just say to me goth boy?" I said and glared menacingly at the man now in front of me.

"Watch out (Y/N)!" Hubert yelled and a large purple spark erupted from his hands.

I tried to dodge it, but didn't make it in time and the bolt ended up striking me. I went tumbling back and felt something churn in my stomach.

I looked at my hands and saw them beginning to transform into paws. I felt a tail grow out from behind me and ears pop out from my head.

Eventually my legs turned into those of a feline, and one look said everything. I had been turned into a cat.

I turned immediately to scowl at Hubert who was staring at me with his mouth wide-open from shock.

"Hubert! What have you done to me you? Turn me back to how I was this instant!" I yelled out, but my speech merely came out in "meow's."

I screamed in alarm at what had happened to me. Hubert only stared at me in confusion, until a wide smile formed on his face.

"It worked!" He shouted happily and slapped his hands together eagerly.

This guy...all he cares about is his spell being successful and not about the state he put me in. I scrambled to where Hubert was and sharply screeched at him, causing him to yelp in surprise.

"Fine, fine. I'll help you, but I don't know how to do so. I'll head to the library and look for some books on how to undo this mess. Don't leave this room, alright? I'll be right back." Hubert said with a dumb smile and jogged out of the room.

"Don't leave this room." I mocked sarcastically. Does he really think I'm going to just sit here, and wait for him to take his sweet time before coming back?