My First Waltz (Claude x Reader)

this is a x reader! send me a request through a dm for x reader one-shots or one-shots between two specific characters. enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Oh no, oh no no no! I can't do this, I just can't!" I screamed and tugged at my hair out of nervousness.

"(Y/N)? What's got you feeling so anxious today? Stomach issues? You're not usually like this." A certain brunette approached me with a sympathetic smile on his lips.

"Oh Claude, you'd never understand. You're a noble!" I shouted with anguish and buried my face in my hands.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean? Come on (Y/N), just tell me what's bothering you please." Claude said, and sat down next to me on the same bench that I was sitting on.

"Well, you know that tomorrow is the day of the Academy Ball right?" I said with a sigh and turned to face Claude.

"Yes, and? Oh, I can't wait to see you in some fancy clothes!" Claude exclaimed and let out an excited giggle.

"Um well, the problem is that I can't waltz. Like at all. You, as a noble, don't have to worry about not being able to dance. You had been forced to learn how to at a young age." I said in humiliation and prepared myself for the laughs, that I knew were about to come from Claude.

"Really? That's an easy problem to fix though." Claude said, surprisingly without making fun of me, and smiled.

"Overnight though? I could go and ask Edelgard or Dimitri for some help, since they're both such great dancers after all." I said and grinned at the thought hopelessly.

"Why them? I could just as easily teach you how to dance!" Claude said and stood up with his nose high in the air.

"You? I'm sorry Claude, even though you're a noble, I just can't see you as a good dancer." I said and let out a chuckle.

"Excuse me? I take offence to that! I'm just as good of a dancer as, let's say, Dimitri or Edelgard. Look, we'll meet up tonight in the dancing hall and I'll show you what real dancing is." Claude said with a gentle smile.

"Alright then Claude, I'll gladly take you up on that offer!" I said with a cheeky grin and stood up.

"I'll see you later then, also come with your dressy clothes on, okay?" Claude replied with excitement.

"Sure, but why though?" I asked and cocked my head to the right, a bit confused.

"It just makes the whole experience a lot better! Anyway, I have to go and steal - I mean - borrow some nice clothes from Lorenz, since mine aren't up to date with the current fashion." Claude said pertly and glanced at me with only one eye open.

"Sure Claude, sure. Goodbye now!" I said and giggled at the brunette's silliness.

"Bye (Y/N), I'll be waiting for you." Claude said, with a smile, and waved as he walked off. I waved back and began to head towards my dorm room to prepare.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hm...what should I wear?" I looked hopelessly at the three different outfits on my bed. I couldn't choose which one to wear at all.

It was already 19:00, and I was sure that Claude was already waiting for me at the dancing hall.

"Ugh, screw it!" I screamed and threw a random purple dress on. It wasn't anything too flashy, but it certainly did bring out the good in me.

I quickly fixed my face and my hair, and ran out of the room in a rush. I earned a few odd looks from the students that lurked in the hallways, but I couldn't care less at a moment such as this one.