Out of The Hole

I pressed my hand against my bleeding side. Darn it, they'd torn the fish-net under shirt and part of my blank tank top. What a shame. It sure stung like hell when I started using medical ninjutsu to heal myself. I'd stopped the bleeding, and I could go back to fighting. Behind me the wall I hid behind crumpled to the ground. Kiba groaned, and Akamaru whimpered from the force of being slammed into the wall. Just as the enemy came running in I jumped in their way and deflected the kuni-knives with my chakra claws. I felt the chakra that flowed from my fingertips into my claws slice something. Like a scalpel I'd managed to cut the enemies hands without contact. I grinned in triumph. 

"Thanks Yumi, really saved my tail" Kiba said, now back on his feet. I closed my eyes and thought, 'See I'm not useless

Shino took out his oponent leaving only two left.

"Damn it" the shortest one cursed. They made two quick handsigns and their bodies began to fade and sink into the earth. I ran after them though. No way did I want them to escape with their own scroll. I made the hand signs for striking shadow jtusu, but a strong hand kept me from going on. 

"Come on, we should hurry up and copmlete the exam" Hinata told me. I sighed, she was right. I followed my group out. 'I think it's day 5 out of 6' I realized. We'd been in the maze for nearly a week! We continued down the turning paths, but came up to dead end after dead end. This was our last day. Shino took a kuni-knife and struck the wall with it. 

"What are you doing now Shino" Kiba asked. 

"Marking the walls so we'll know if we've been here" Shino inforemed him. Hinata and I nodded in agreement. We walked through the halls and came upon kuni-knife mark, after mark until we aproached another wallway. This one had no mark.

"This has to be it" Kiba said and instantly sprinted down it. A scent, it was strange reached my nose. A sort of powerdery, sweet, banana-like scent. My eyes widened in shock. 

"Kiba no!" Hinata yelled. She too had sensed it with her byokugon. Kiba skidded to a halt and spun around with a confused look on his face, but then he too smelled and heard it. A sort of sizzling sound and burning paper scent.

"Striking shadow snake!" I exclaimed, snakes shot out of my torn sleeve and wrapped around both Akamaru and Kiba instantly pulling them back towards us the momment the hidden paper bombs went off. 'Oh no, I hope I was fast enough' I thought verry worried now. I gulped nervously, and waited for the smoke to clear. As it did a black, unmoving mass lay on the ground. Kiba and Akamaru coughed. I sighed, they were okay at least. The black mass was of dead insects. Shino stood with both arms out. A few specks that were insects lifted up and returned to him the rest were for sure dead.

"You shouldn't be so rash Kiba. Rash mistakes will get you killed" Shino spoke with a stern tone. 

Kiba muttered with a mocking tone, "Rash mistakes get you killed. I've only heard it a thousand times" I sent him a harsh glare that told him if he didn't shut up he was going to get it. 

"How are we going to get through?" asked Hinata as she examined the pile of rocks with her byokugon.

"Just let Akamaru and I tunnel through with our fang passing fang" Kiba suggested.

"Yeah and risk the entire mine collapsing. Psshh, yeah right" I mocked him.

"Aw what? Hinata, Shino, are you guys agreeing with her?" Kiba asked.

"Not to be rude, but she has a point" Hinata spoke quietly. Shino in response snorted and nodded his head slightly. Kiba sat down on the dirt ground and started muttering something. I put my handsout  in front of me, palms facing the rocks, and closed my eyes. I could still hear Kabuto's words, 'Vizualize your chakra becoming sharp and defined. Like the blade and tip of a kuni-knife

I reopened my eyes and lept towards the rocks, 

"Hii-ya!" I exclaimed as I my barehand surrounded with my strong chakra broke through the rocks. I lept back and watched many of the rocks fall to the ground now as pebbles or smaller rocks. There were still many rocks blocking the path, but above there was enough space for us all to walk through.

"Lets go" I said and we jumped up and hurried through the pathway. Now we could see a sort of light ahead and this time we let Kiba sprint off ahead. Soon we were all out of the maze, but there was a sign on it and Kiba was back to complaining again.

"Welcome to the 2nd part of the jonin exams. This is now day 2 out of 6. Your mission is to reache the tower in the center of the forest and reach the other side with the scroll you'll retrieve there. You must find the right scroll that corresponds to your given scroll which will be held by another shinobi squad" Hinata read aloud.

"Alright, so in the center of this place we have to reach the tower" Kiba said and jumped up a very tall tree. 

Kiba:

There was a grey stone tower in the distance. This was simular to the chunin exams, but this was definetely not the forest of death. The scents weren't the same. 'This place was made for chunins becoming jonins. The danger is going to be on a differnt scale for sure' I thought. From somewhere in the distane I heard a cry for help and a loud snarling that was simular to that of a lion. I gulped nervously and jumped branch to branch to the ground.

"We should get moving" Shino said. I nodded in agreement and we began walking through the forest. Apparently this part of the exam started yesterday so we had four days now. This time I'm going to be carefull. I snorted, I wonder if that'll actualy happen. And so the Part Two of the Jonin Exams begins.